F-4J/S Advanced & Tac Pack

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-4 pilots!
(No support requests please)
dwest185
F-4J/S Advanced & Tac Pack

Post by dwest185 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 am

I just purchased the package for the advanced F-4J/S with TacPack and I have watched the tutorial video for the F-4E TacPack but it is completely different that the J/S variant. I have also read through the NATOPS for the F-4J/S; of course when I get to chapter 8 dealing with the weapons it lists several other manuals to refer to for information and leaves it at that, no help at all. I have googled for these manuals but it seems they are all different versions NATOPS. So, where can I find F-4J/S specific weapons employment documents or tutorial videos?

JonathanBleeker
Re: F-4J/S Advanced & Tac Pack

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:49 am

I could swear I wrote up a tutorial on it but those posts seem to have gone missing in one of the forum updates we did.

It is largely similar to the E version, although everything is in rather different places. Your primary control for A-G weapons is the dog bone below the HSI in the front cockpit. Also, bombing modes are now controlled by the gunsight mode selector. The CDI position would be most useful as it is the same as the CCIP in modern jets. It does require the radar to be in the A-G Ranging mode, which unlike the E, locks automatically instead of the step manual process in the E.

I will see what I can find to recover our tutorials.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:03 pm

dwest185

Post by dwest185 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:49 am
I could swear I wrote up a tutorial on it but those posts seem to have gone missing in one of the forum updates we did.

It is largely similar to the E version, although everything is in rather different places. Your primary control for A-G weapons is the dog bone below the HSI in the front cockpit. Also, bombing modes are now controlled by the gunsight mode selector. The CDI position would be most useful as it is the same as the CCIP in modern jets. It does require the radar to be in the A-G Ranging mode, which unlike the E, locks automatically instead of the step manual process in the E.

I will see what I can find to recover our tutorials.
Thanks, I did kind of figure that out about the CCIP mode but it took hours of staring at all the functions and just trying them out.

Also, I have some questions:

In the TacPack guide there is a part where you enter ranging information and a green box comes up on the screen, what is that and how do you get it to come up?

In the front cockpit, right under the HUD, you have a control knob for the recticle or sight; A/A is self explanatory but what are the other modes used for?

dwest185

Post by dwest185 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:09 pm

doodlebug wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:03 pm
Have a look at this guide:
https://milviz.com/Online_products/Manuals/F-4TP.pdf
Thanks for the link, but that is specific to F-4E and it's the same as the F-4E TacPack tutorial video. I need info on the F-4J/S.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:10 pm

I believe he meant this: https://milviz.com/Online_products/Manu ... _Guide.pdf

Since I don't go there all that often, I clean forgot that all our manuals are also available on each product page.

dwest185

Post by dwest185 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:51 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:10 pm
I believe he meant this: https://milviz.com/Online_products/Manu ... _Guide.pdf

Since I don't go there all that often, I clean forgot that all our manuals are also available on each product page.
Great! Thanks, I’ll have a look.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II General Phorum”