TM Warthdog button mapping for F-4E

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-4 pilots!
(No support requests please)
Hamilton
TM Warthdog button mapping for F-4E

Post by Hamilton » Mon May 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi all,

Would someone please share his TM Warthdog button mapping for F-4E,I´m a little confuse with some rear cockpit weapons key mapping with the TM Warthdog stick and Hotas.

I thank in advance,

Rgds,

Hamilton

JonathanBleeker
Re: TM Warthdog button mapping for F-4E

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon May 01, 2017 4:34 pm

I use a Saitek X-56 which is close enough in some ways. Which functions are you struggling with in particular?

Hamilton

Post by Hamilton » Mon May 01, 2017 4:54 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:I use a Saitek X-56 which is close enough in some ways. Which functions are you struggling with in particular?

Thanks Jonathan,In general the antena Control,cursor (azimuth and range),elevation,lock (Full and Half),etc. Just to have an idea from most experienced F-4E users,to check what´s really important for the weapons operation and what´s not.Basically this.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 pm

For the warthog, you should have no problems controlling the cursor azimuth/range using the axis commands and leaving the inc/dec commands blank. There is that other axis slider to the right of the throttles that you can use for the radar elevation.

The Radar Lock Half/Full action commands are special for cockpit builders. For the warthog, ignore them. Just use the straight Radar Lock command. See the Milviz youtube channel for further info.

I also use the Cage command along with the Air-to-Air command. The cage command not only cages the gunsight, but puts the radar into boresight mode for dogfighting. You can get out of it and back to the settings on the radar control panel by hitting the Air-to-Air button.

The NWS command (On the Misc controls list not the Weapons controls list) also doubles as the Auto Lock command when in boresight mode.

The Air Refuelling Release command also doubles for uncaging AIM-9s if present and selected.

The Cursor Freeze, TGT Insert, and Cursor Reset commands for the Beacon and Map modes of the radar, used along with the TGT FIND and OFFSET bombing modes. Will be doing a video on those soon.

Hamilton

Post by Hamilton » Mon May 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Wow! That helps a lot!

Thank you so much Jonathan!

Cheers

Hamilton

Post by Hamilton » Tue May 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi,

I cannot get the Radar Cursor Azimuth and Radar Cursor Range in TM Warthdog working. Since I have to assign to axis I tried the TM Coolie sw but I did´t work.

Is there someone using TM Warthdog and give please a tip which axis (button) to the Radar Cursor Azimuth and Radar Cursor Range.

Thanks

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue May 02, 2017 1:25 pm

First question is where are you having the problem? Is it not even being detected in the AMS or is it being detected but when you try to control in the sim nothing happens?

Hamilton

Post by Hamilton » Tue May 02, 2017 5:36 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:First question is where are you having the problem? Is it not even being detected in the AMS or is it being detected but when you try to control in the sim nothing happens?

Exactly, it is being detected but when I try to control in the sim but nothing happens.

Thanks

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue May 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Screenshot of your radar panel please.

Hamilton

Post by Hamilton » Tue May 02, 2017 7:33 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:Screenshot of your radar panel please.
Only the cursor and the radar elevation are Ok. Here is the pic.
Attachments
Radar F-4E Settings.jpg
Radar F-4E Settings.jpg (393.1 KiB) Viewed 10235 times

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed May 03, 2017 8:14 am

You mean they are working now? You are in boresight mode which means no blips will show unless they are in your gunsight.

Hamilton

Post by Hamilton » Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:You mean they are working now? You are in boresight mode which means no blips will show unless they are in your gunsight.
Yes,it seems that they´re working ,but the odd is that sometimes I have a target (AI traffic) visually 10nm ahead me (with range 50NM) but the radar screen don´t show it... Tks

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed May 03, 2017 1:24 pm

That depends on your Radar elevation tilt and radar field of view

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II General Phorum”