General questions about F-4E procedures

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-4 pilots!
(No support requests please)
IcarusGR
General questions about F-4E procedures

Post by IcarusGR » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:07 am

I would like to congratulate Milviz for this excelent project.

I have a few questions about the procedures...

--- During cruise do I retract the slats as well ? or do i leave the flaps/slats switch on middle position all the time?

--- If I carry bombs on the middle station (under the fuselage) can I have Sparrows loaded as well? If yes do I have to reject the bombs in order to use the sparrows?
(I know the answer is yes if it is a fuel tank, I read the manual - doesnt say anything if it is bombs)

--- Do the ECM pods actually work? Do they alow me to aproach a SA-2 site closer before I get shot at?

Thanks

JonathanBleeker
Re: General questions about F-4E procedures

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am

1: The flaps/slats switch is usually fully up. It is a manual extension of the slats. When in the up position, the slats will automatically extend above a certain AoA.

2: Yes you can have AIM-7s loaded as well. But if you have anything loaded on the center pylon, you won't be able to fire the AIM-7s on the forward stations until you jettison the center station. You will be able to fire the rear AIM-7s though.

3: Yes they do. Turn on the left ECM unit in the rear cockpit.

IcarusGR

Post by IcarusGR » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:09 am

Thank you for your quick answer...

I understand now the use of flaps/slats switch, and used it yesterday as you say. On the up position it retracts all flaps and slats, but deploys the slats when Angle of Attack exceeds 10 units. Good times.

NEW QUESTION... Does the Milviz product include dud Sparrows? Because sometimes it lauches the first sparrow but not the second, and I cannot understand if it is a mistake I make with switches or it simulates the famous dud Sparrows that plagued the Phantom for years.

NEW QUESTION 2... Does the bomb interval switch work? I manage to set quantity, and flip the 1x/10x switch but interval doesnt do anything. Either click it or drag it, it never moves.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:29 am

Support forums for these questions please. (also, did you watch the video/read the manual?)

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am

VRS TACPACK simulates the dud sparrows that simply fall off the aircraft instead of firing. If it doesn't leave the aircraft there is a procedure wrong though.

Mouse wheel for the interval knob.

IcarusGR

Post by IcarusGR » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Thank you both.

Just sent PM to oish (or something) for support forum access.

Will move the conversation there.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II General Phorum”