Phantom 4JS Error code and P3D CTD

a.washington
Phantom 4JS Error code and P3D CTD

Post by a.washington » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:49 am

Hi,
I purchased the above.The install into FSX is ok but not for P3Dv.4.
oes your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: F-4JS ADVANCED
Sim platform: P3D v.4.3
Operating system: Win7
Version: 180712
Unique ticket identifier: B959F288-6075-A54B-3EDF-1B06E9F3A594

I get a full error code 0x3 loc 5 file f:\Sim Objects\airplanes/Milviz Phantom IIJ\panel\mv sounds\SND.wav missing.Same for IIS.
I cannot clear message without ending p3D via task manager.In the task manager an entry ‘c.gaugesoundclass.running’is also showing.
In the pathway on my pc;Simobjects/airplanes/milvizphantomIIJ/panel/mvsounds-snd1-30 appears.

o/n-0027055808. I have looked at the forums but could not see this issue.
Event Viewer shows no Error Symbol.Lasso pro shows;
p3d milviz.PNG
p3d milviz.PNG (52 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
regards,
anthony

JonathanBleeker
Re: Phantom 4JS Error code and P3D CTD

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Something doesn't look right about your P3D install path. I saw this once before with someone who installed their P3D direct to another drive instead of a folder in another drive

a.washington

Post by a.washington » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Hi,
I have installed P3Dv4 on a seperate drive and there is no root folder.Installation of other aircraft have worked despite this.i have 'spoken' to LM and I am informed that as P3D is working then the absence of a root folder is of no import.The root folder will be in the directory and the installer should pick this up.
I have just uninstalled the F4 and reinstalled.I noticed that the install folder of F is greyed out.I then browsed to F/simobjects/airplanes and the 'install'option now highlighted and the install completed.the path is the same as first posted.The results of opening P3D and choosing the F4 as option is also the same message and need to exit via task manager.
regards,
anthony

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
By Root sim directory, we mean, that wherever you have installed Prepar3D , the SimObjects\Airplanes folder must be in the Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ folder, and the F-4 must be installed in that Airplanes folder.

like so:
{my drive}\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes

The nature of our custom systems programming prevents the F-4 from working if installed elsewhere

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:06 pm

To clarify, our installer doesn’t permit installing directly to the root drive. As a result, it isn’t placing all the files correctly, and the systems code can’t deal with that.

a.washington

Post by a.washington » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Oh,well that seems to be that then .
I installed P3D directly onto a new SSD using the option in the installer.I think that may be why no Lockheed Martin folder was created and has caused this problem.
Thanks for your replies.
Anthony

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Support Phorum”