Re instal of FSX SE onto new hard drive cant get F4 buttons to function in aircraft. [resolved]

kvngentile
Re instal of FSX SE onto new hard drive cant get F4 buttons to function in aircraft. [resolved]

Post by kvngentile » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:12 am

Hello recently i have to uninstal and reinstall FSX SE from one hard drive to a newer one. The first hard drive was full to capacity and corrupted some files. Upon reinstalling everything , i saved the folder with the Phantom II and installed it into the FSX Sim Objects ,Airplanes and i cant seem to get certian buttons in the cockpit to work properly. The F 4 model is the f4j and f45. Had some problems a couple years about when i purchased the tacpack to install at a later date. Can anyone please help. O/S windows 7. FSX SE. :?:

JonathanBleeker
Re: Re instal of FSX SE onto new hard drive cant get F4 buttons to function in aircraft.

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Go to your FSX SE location->SDK0>Core Utilities Kit->SimConnect SDK->LegacyInterfaces->FSX-XPACK and run the SimConnect.msi

kvngentile
Re: Re instal of FSX SE onto new hard drive cant get F4 buttons to function in aircraft.

Post by kvngentile » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Ok i tried that with no success. Need i mind you this NOT the advanced version . However this seems to be an install problem. After fallowing the steps given ,it just didn't work. I do have the original F4 .but the one i saved in a folder after it was working properly not sure if that was a different model that was given to me, the time i was last here ,working with support.

kvngentile

Post by kvngentile » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:10 am

jUNE 17, 2020 I made some progress , found out i had to load the original F4E, Place some folders in the respected FSX SE folders. All buttons and radars are working , but the issue now is that the payloads will not load up and show on the F4 itself. When i pull up the payload screen ,the ordnance will show in the load out window .but i can't see them on the plane itself and the payload window can' :o t resize when it put the mouse crosshair on the edges. :o

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:05 pm

You running VRS TACPACK?

kvngentile

Post by kvngentile » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:25 pm

Yes im running the VSR Tacpack

kvngentile

Post by kvngentile » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:39 pm

June 18,2020 i also just notice that after installing all the files ,i checked the Phantom ll folder in Sim Objects /Airplanes/ Phantom ll folder and the last four files for the tacpack was not in the folder. So i copied and paste them from a saved version an now i see the Ordinance/bombs load out in the aircraft. However when in the loadout window i notice that when i place the mouse on the edge of the loadout window ,it doesn't resize when i drag the mouse. Also the weapons will not release or fire with the keyboard or joystick. :?:

kvngentile

Post by kvngentile » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Disregard everything, i found an saved copy of the F4E folder and installed it ,and its working .

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Support Phorum”