How to update using MVAMS updates

doodlebug
How to update using MVAMS updates

Post by doodlebug » Wed May 17, 2017 9:08 pm

The new update system pushes smaller files to your sim so you no longer have to go through the tedious download/uninstall/install procedure with large installer files.

Access the MVAMS via the icon on your desktop
MVAMS.jpg
MVAMS.jpg (8.46 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
Follow the prompt...
Milviz-Addon-Management-System.jpg
Milviz-Addon-Management-System.jpg (26.5 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
...and you should see a screen with all your MVAMS enabled aircraft.
(Older models may not show up)
Milviz-Addon-Management-System2.jpg
Milviz-Addon-Management-System2.jpg (32.98 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
If there is an update you should see a notification
Milviz-Addon-Management-System3.jpg
Milviz-Addon-Management-System3.jpg (46.38 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
Once downloaded, you will be presented with an install screen where you can select your platform.
Milviz-Addon-Management-System4.jpg
Milviz-Addon-Management-System4.jpg (42.36 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
Follow the prompts and you 'll be good to go.

Now run the MVAMS once again to see if there are any further updates.

Troubleshooting - if you do not see the update screen but have received an email update notification:
  1. Do you have version vA1.170424_E?
    If not, you must update your base installation to benefit from the MVAMS updates.
    Note: If running Prepar3d without the ADV addon you must have P3D either v3.4.22+ or v2.5+
  2. If you do have vA1.170424_E, please check your AMS directory for a Versions\F4E folder and an Updater.exe
  3. If you have those, and the versions F4E folder contains files, then you need to check your firewall settings and whitelist the MVAMS Updater program

JonathanBleeker
Re: How to update using MVAMS updates

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 pm

One other possibility is that you didn't uninstall before re-installing and as such the installer might have failed to overwrite your old AMS.

brev74

Post by brev74 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:04 pm

Updatet windows to 1809 after that MVAMS has to be closed with windows Task Manager, if not the update will not work.

James

Post by James » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:32 pm

Yesterday the F-4E ADV Tac Pack flew perfectly in P3Dv4, when I landed the chute did not deploy with my normal assigned joystick button. I went into MVAMS and got a would you like to update the F-4E message. I selected yes, it downloaded OK to someplace I can not locate, I 1st selected the P3Dv4 version and the normal uninstall first. That worked fine, your software located and uninstalled completely the old version. Next was a message to close, I selected that and got kicked out of MVAMS instead of being able to install the update. I seem to be stuck now not being able to install the latest version as the F-4E ADV is completely removed from MVAMS and the really old versions I have will not install. Can you please I identify the location where the new version downloaded to on my C:/ or wherever (my P3Dv4 is on my W:/) or give me the link please for the latest download? Happy New Year, Thank You and Best Regards! UPDATE! New Years Day, Got vA1.171220_E from 2017 and vA1.18072_EADV to install on P3Dv4, so far MVAMS has not identified that there is an update. I bought the original release back in July 3, 2014 and bought the ADV May 22, 2017 along with TAC Pack at some point. There have been updates and I installed them OK using MVAMS until yesterday. Looks and fly's OK and nose steering works with the joystick setting / button just assigned again in MVAMS.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:00 pm

The quickest way to find the download is to right click the MVAMS and pick "open file location" in there is a downloads folder it should be in there.

Also in the support section here , go to the subforums off of this forum and the latest versions can be downloaded from the sticky notes in each area. I checked and you are a registered product user so you do have access.

viewforum.php?f=228 F-4 E
viewforum.php?f=229 F-4 J/S

James

Post by James » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:24 pm

Thank You Slayer, I still get a Error report with details of something going on when I click on either the F-4J of F-4S, shown in Milviz MVAMS along with all other aircraft including the F-4E TACADV that I can access just fine. Have an attachment that I ask for you to please look at and advise solution please?
Attachments
Capture Module Error F4J and like F4S also.JPG
Module Error pop up for F4J and F4S only in MVAMS
Capture Module Error F4J and like F4S also.JPG (54.93 KiB) Viewed 3019 times

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:30 am

Delete the 2 radio files mentioned in that path and it should start again.

James

Post by James » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:38 pm

That worked! So nice to have access to the F-4J and F-4S in the Milviz MVAMS again! Thank You Very Much! :D

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Support Phorum”