Using Flight Planner data

go2peter
Using Flight Planner data

Post by go2peter » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:28 pm

I have tried most ways published to have my flight plan track VOR's and change the "heading" indicator automatically.

To "simplify" I try mostly with "Engines Running" although two cold & dark tries still failed in the same way.
The "HEAT" light on the front cockpit glare screen is always lit .. is this a clue?

I do bring up the Flight Plan tracker, (Add-On) and select next heading, (item 2) and track automatically (3) but that seems not to have an effect.

I realise this is a complicated aircraft to "get right" which is all part of the reward ... I have checked throught the topics but don't find any similar posts

With my F100D I simply enter the next waypoint Frequency.

At the moment, I use PLAN-G to track my VOR's ...
Please assume that I am just flying "Ferry" flights between airports.

Just some general hints would help at this stage ... am I expecting too much to expect the Nav indicator, bearing and distance -to-run indicators to work automatically?

JonathanBleeker
Re: Using Flight Planner data

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:58 pm

The HEAT light indicates heat seeker missile selected.

I need a screenshot of your HSI mode settings on the little panel just to the right bottom of the HSI. The bearing/distance switch should be on NAV COMP, the knob also on NAV COMP, and you need to make sure your navigation computer in the rear cockpit is set to TGT 2.

go2peter
Re: Using Flight Planner data

Post by go2peter » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:22 am

Matter resolved. Thanks again for your prompt reply Jonathan

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Support Phorum”