Considering Purchase 350i

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other KA pilots!
(No support requests please)
Tbrenn19
Considering Purchase 350i

Post by Tbrenn19 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well and weathering the storm... I've been thinking about grabbing the KA 350i for a while now. I have looked at posted screenshots as well as some YouTube videos while considering a future purchase.

I would like to ask if those who currently own the a/c would recommend it? Anything you can add regarding your experiences would be appreciated. Lastly, random question: are there working window shades in the cockpit?

Thank you

montagne.daniel
Re: Considering Purchase 350i

Post by montagne.daniel » Tue May 05, 2020 10:39 am

Hello.

Yes, it is without doubt the best King Air that exists in virtual simulation to date. All simulation combined.

ccmh15

Post by ccmh15 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:19 pm

I second that.

The learning curve might be a bit steep due to its complexity, setup a bit difficult sometimes, and there're still some very minor glitches here and there. Also, the only documentation that comes with it, is the PDF that is publicly available on the website (real operational manuals are available in some remote corners of the internet however)

Anyways, once you've dived in and gather some experience with this bird, it's an absolute pleasure to fly. One of the best add-on-aircraft I've ever seen in my long FS "career", and finally something that's not a Boeing or Airbus, but can still be flown like a real airliner. Or as an amazing VFR GA plane. Or a bush-pilots-workhorse.

Also, the guys over in the support forums (accessible once you bought it) are very helpful and supportive. Even some real-life KA drivers there for the really difficult questions.

Go get it!

Chris

P.S.: Of course it has working window shades. They can be freely positioned to where you need them, exactly like in the real cockpit. :)

Fabristunt

Post by Fabristunt » Thu May 07, 2020 7:32 pm

I am also considering purchase, but have a few questions.
For example, is it possible to change the payload and fuel load without reloading the aircraft à la PMDG and A2A?

ccmh15

Post by ccmh15 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Yes, just change it within the P3D default "Fuel & Payload" dialogue.

Chris

Fabristunt

Post by Fabristunt » Fri May 08, 2020 1:03 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Fabristunt

Return to “K.A.350 General Forum”