Another KA 350i home cockpit

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other KA pilots!
(No support requests please)
qqwertzde
Another KA 350i home cockpit

Post by qqwertzde » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share my progress with building a home cockpit for the Milviz KA350i. I am not as gifted as Chris, who shared his impressive progress in another thread. My own plan is to take things slowly, and use as much as possible the 350i panels offered by Ruscool ( https://www.ruscool.co.nz/king_air_350.html ).

My initial plan was to just get the two captain's panels working and put them in a box on my flight sim desk. This is completed and I am happy to say that that the Ruscool panels work perfectly. Here is a shortened C&D procedure with my current setup.

My next steps will take a few months. My ageing PC needs to be replaced so that I can run MS flight simulator, but as long as they don't support Lvars (necessary to connect custom panels) I will happily continue to use P3D. Also, the real panels are much closer to the yoke than in my setup. I am planning to get a better yoke with a longer shaft than my current Saitek model. At present, I wouldn't be able to move the yoke anymore if I placed the panels correctly.

The long-term plan is to create a single-seater cockpit with overhead panel and all panels below the PFD (fuel, pedestal, annunciators, co-pilot panels with air conditioning). I may or may not extend that to the PFD.

Cheers,
Peter

Return to “K.A.350 General Forum”