Rotary Encoder MobiFlight Programming

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other KA pilots!
(No support requests please)
jeremeyhustman
Rotary Encoder MobiFlight Programming

Post by jeremeyhustman » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:34 am

Hello,

I am trying to get a rotary encoder ( specifically https://www.digikey.com/en/products/det ... 5P/2510104 ) to work with the KA 350i, MobiFlight is what I assume should work, however, I am having trouble deciphering where to put these values in MobiFlight FSUIPC Offset (which I believe is the right place to put it). The Excel sheet in the support forum has the list of LVars, but I'm not exactly sure where to place them. What I want to do with this rotary encoder is to be able to control the Indirect Instrument light so when I hop into a cold and dark plane I can flip it on and see what I am doing (after flipping the Battery Bus to norm (L:B350i_BatteryMasterFake) and Bat on (which I have programmed to other switches on my Alpha Yoke). I can't quite figure out where to put these values:

Code: Select all

OVH - INSTR INDIRECT (LEFT CLICK)  (L:0x1110C, enum) ++ 30 min (>L:0x1110C, enum) 0x1110D (>L:L_EVENT,enum)
OVH - INSTR INDIRECT (RIGHT CLICK) (L:0x1110C, enum) --  0 max (>L:0x1110C, enum) 0x1110C (>L:L_EVENT,enum)
I am assuming it goes into this FSUIPC Offset page but I don't know how those should go!

Help? Thanks!
Attachments
MobiFlight.png
MobiFlight.png (25.07 KiB) Viewed 134 times

jeremeyhustman
Re: Rotary Encoder MobiFlight Programming

Post by jeremeyhustman » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:37 am

I don't know, I can't seem to get the Taxi, Nav or Beacon lights to work with my alpha yoke, is this possible?

jeremeyhustman
Re: Rotary Encoder MobiFlight Programming

Post by jeremeyhustman » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:51 am

Alright, I found the solution actually on the Mobiflight forum, but I want to update here in case someone searches for the same things I did an answer will come up. But https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/6520.html someone wrote a L:B350i_BeaconLights=SET macro and it dawned on me to try L:B350i_BeaconLight, L:B350i_TaxiLights etc.

I will keep updating this post as I continue figuring this out which hopefully can help someone else.

If anyone has access to that Excel Spreadsheet with the LVars if they could add these to it that would be helpful!

Thanks!

Return to “K.A.350 General Forum”