A good source for flightplanning/fuel planning

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other KA pilots!
(No support requests please)
mas618
A good source for flightplanning/fuel planning

Post by mas618 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Hello guys!
I'm awestruck by your 350i,and that fact that it's only alpha at this point - wow again.

Could anyone point to a good source for flightplanning and fuel planning with this bird...?

Martin

twharrell
Re: A good source for flightplanning/fuel planning

Post by twharrell » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Martin,

I recently met a gentleman who used to fly the KA350i. His company just transitioned to a jet and he kindly gave me his training manual from a leading US-based King Air training company. I just received it in the mail and it has several performance charts. If Colin is OK with it, I can post some of the charts or at least post some pertinent numbers.

Todd

mas618

Post by mas618 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:31 pm

twharrell wrote:Martin,

I recently met a gentleman who used to fly the KA350i. His company just transitioned to a jet and he kindly gave me his training manual from a leading US-based King Air training company. I just received it in the mail and it has several performance charts. If Colin is OK with it, I can post some of the charts or at least post some pertinent numbers.

Todd
That would be freakin awesome! If there's sufficient info contained I might put together a pfpx profile if time permits between wife kids and all the other stuff...

Let's see what Colin says...

Thx!

Martin

Victory103

Post by Victory103 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:54 pm

The model should be released with some charts, other wise you can use Fltplan.com or post the planning numbers you are looking for, I fly 300/350s.
DUSTOFF
"So Others May Live"
ARMY PROPS

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm

Feel free.
Creative Director and chooser of planes.

mas618

Post by mas618 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:12 pm

Victory103 wrote:The model should be released with some charts, other wise you can use Fltplan.com or post the planning numbers you are looking for, I fly 300/350s.
Well, the more data, the more precise the profile will be of course. What I'm looking for are rough climb, cruise and descent numbers. Now these number could be under variuos conditions - ISA, weight, and RPM/N1 settings. So to narrow things down, I would maybe ask you for numbers at:

CLIMB:
For each 1000' altitude, 5000-36000 (don't know the exact ceiling of this bird?) TIME to that altitude (minutes), FUELBURN to that altitude (not flow, but total burnoff KG or LBS), and DISTANCE covered to that altitude (NM from liftoff to position when reaching altitude).

Again every set of numbers here would be repeated for different weights and different ISA and different engine settings. As you can imagine the amount of data can grow rapidly, and one must enter all this manually.

CRUISE:
For each 1000' altitude 5000-36000 again total FUELFLOW (KGs or LBS pr Hour) and TAS (kts). For an optimum profile I would need each set of numbers for 3 conditions:
1. Actual A/C weight
2. Optimum A/C weigght at selected cruise altitude
3. Maximum cruise altitude for actual A/C weight.

Descent:
For each 1000' altitude 36000-5000 TIME to that altitude (minutes), FUELBURN to that altitude (same as for climb) and Distance covered to that altitude (from position at 36000 to position at reaching altitude).

IF you would have charts covering that, I would look at creating a profile for 3 different weights (empty, medium, fully loaded) and 3 different ISA (-10, 0, +10) and for one set of engine ops (most used climb setting, most used cruise setting, and most used descent setting - you can probably chip in how you usually operate the aircraft ;))

Also I would need basic info such as
DOW
MZFW
MTOW
MRW
MLW
Fuel capacity

The above numbers can be adjusted to match the Milviz rendition, but until those are released, we can use yours.

I have not done this before, but I have collected data manually (by flying and flying and flying) for the JS41 to collect data for Kyle Rogers at PMDG for him to put together a profile. So there is no guaranties, but I'd be willing to have a crack at it.

To add, you can take a look a this PDF, which are notes from another simmer, that explains how the profile is put together, and what numbers I'm looking for.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wEGR ... sp=sharing

Martin

Victory103

Post by Victory103 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:53 am

Martin,
As you imagine plenty of charts in the POH to keep one busy plugging away with a pencil. My initial idea was to get the figures for the current model for ISA conditions in a typical 350i pax/load config. I do have access to a TOLD calculator but it is set up for heavy weight/Extended Range tanks. All the base model 350 numbers would come from the paper POH which will be close enough for the MV model and flight sim. For the non-PL21 model, the major difference will be the autopilot modes and controls.

I can post some basics, ie climb schedule and max alt (FL350 w/ RVSM). For climbs, set recommended ITT of 785* all the way up to your cruise alt, obviously torque will continue to drop in the climb, normal FF is in the 800-900#’s. In cruise, if range/fuel is no issue, set max ITT and just go. Likewise, if max range is an issue, set a fuel flow based on the charts and environmental conditions (headwinds) and fly the FF, accepting the KTAS given.
DUSTOFF
"So Others May Live"
ARMY PROPS

mas618

Post by mas618 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:48 am

Hey!

Sounds good with a basic set of numbers to start off with - that'll get me started and also reveal if I can figure this out ;) ;)

Don't expect it to go fast though - I really don't have a ton of time on my hands these days...

Thank you!

Martin

Griphos

Post by Griphos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Has any progress been made on this? I've been unable to find any charts for this aircraft on the interwebs. At least not any I wouldn't have to pay a lot of money for.

Return to “K.A.350 General Forum”