Attention: Upcoming Axis Calibration Config

violinvelocity
Re: Attention: Upcoming Axis Calibration Config

Post by violinvelocity » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:26 pm

I am having trouble... (HF 1.0.6)

I finally changed my axis recognition in FSUIPC to "axis throttle 1 set, axis throttle 2 set, axis propellor pitch 1 set... etc" now the controls just move from max to min positions. I'm now in MAMS trying to click positions for max power, max reverse, beta... but it doesn't seem to be saving these positions- the graphical magenta and purple lines do not stay where I click them.

Any help would be appreciated (it would be cool if the whole "how to set up using FSUIPC" would be put in the manual)

johnh

Post by johnh » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:34 am

Yep, I'm struggling too! Would really appreciate it if someone could make a short video of how to do this.

henrik.bergvin

Post by henrik.bergvin » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:04 pm

I'm also struggling with this, it does not seem like MVAMS saves the settings.

It is also painful to set up the axises to work in a satisfactory way. Why are you forcing us to use an external tool for this, when there are already excellent ones for this particular thing (FSUIPC, even the default axis controls in P3D... Yes, I get it that you can't set beta and reverse in default, nor can you feather, but you can use hotkeys (F2 will lower toward beta and reverse...)

At least make it optional to use the full range controls, my throttle block (Warthog) is not made for this setup.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:30 pm

I’m pretty sure I made an update that stores the line positions but I can assure you it does save. Right click on the MVAMS shortcut, Open file location, and go to Configurations\Kingair350i folder and open the axis cfg in notepad. If the numbers are changing it is indeed saving. If not, verify your MVAMS is set to run as admin.

The reason we provide this is twofold:

1: Not everyone has FSUIPC
2: FSUIPC doesn’t permit custom calibration for sending events to sim such that we can intercept them and do what we need to do to get the custom turboprop right.

violinvelocity

Post by violinvelocity » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:07 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:30 pm
I’m pretty sure I made an update that stores the line positions but I can assure you it does save. Right click on the MVAMS shortcut, Open file location, and go to Configurations\Kingair350i folder and open the axis cfg in notepad. If the numbers are changing it is indeed saving. If not, verify your MVAMS is set to run as admin.

The reason we provide this is twofold:

1: Not everyone has FSUIPC
2: FSUIPC doesn’t permit custom calibration for sending events to sim such that we can intercept them and do what we need to do to get the custom turboprop right.
Thanks for the news- looking forward to that update!

tricolor

Post by tricolor » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:02 pm

My hardware axis are always inverted in sim, no matter how the "Invert Axis" box is configured.
I use FSUIPC since FS9 times and never had trouble to setup my hardware like I'm having now.

zaliva

Post by zaliva » Tue May 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Hello,
any updates on this? I, too can report the same issue. I have no throttle movement, it did, however, initially recognize the condition levers (mixture) until I "properly" assigned all the axis. No FSUIPC setup has worked so far for me, either.

thank you

ccmh15

Post by ccmh15 » Tue May 05, 2020 4:36 pm

In another thread, I started sort of an "unofficial" guide on how to correctly assign and calibrate the power quadrant axis, by manually editing the axis.cfg file.

This way, I managed to really set up and fine-tune my throttle quadrat perfectly.

Would be great if you could try it and send me some feedback on what to add or change in this - maybe together we can create a bulletproof guide, as unfortunately many users here seem to struggle with this topic.

See here:
https://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... =15#p98741

Good luck!
Chris

ccmh15

Post by ccmh15 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:18 am

Disregard - I just saw that Tomas has released an official - and much more comprehensive - guide.

Found here: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=12110&p=98901#p98901

alehead

Post by alehead » Thu May 07, 2020 11:04 am

I wouldn't disregard Chris' thread linked either. That really helped me a lot with things...

Andrew

paul

Post by paul » Sun May 17, 2020 9:56 pm

I still can't get the power levels to move in the CV after using Tomas' guide. :(

alehead

Post by alehead » Tue May 19, 2020 8:30 am

Just a thought, after spending ages playing with the various calibration options and how best to fit this with my setup:

Your description sounds most like the axes have been assigned using FSUIPC and you have used FSUIPC to calibrate the axes. For the MVAMS tool to do its stuff, you will have to remove the calibration of the axes in FSUIPC, assuming that is what you have done...

If the levers in the VC do not move at all, then something is interfering. Either your axes are not set properly, or you are using a calibration tool like FSUIPC...

How did you set your throttle lever axis/axes Paul?

Andrew

paul

Post by paul » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:54 am

Very late response from me, but I have tried both using set axes in P3D *and* FSUIPC.

Given that all my other aircraft are compatible with FSUIPC it's a bit of a shame this one isn't! :(

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:03 pm

paul wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:54 am
Very late response from me, but I have tried both using set axes in P3D *and* FSUIPC.

Given that all my other aircraft are compatible with FSUIPC it's a bit of a shame this one isn't! :(
It's compatible, you just can't use the calibrations is all. May I ask what hardware you are using for this that is giving you problems?

Return to “K.A.350 Support Forum”