Checklist and procedures

dg.inskip
Checklist and procedures

Post by dg.inskip » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:03 pm

Ok guys,

I am sitting in the airport lounge while waiting for a flight. I thought what can I do with my time, I know I will study the flight manual, I will review the checklist again etc...

Look I am not here to put down the current available documentation, however I am searching for a different version of a checklist. What do you guys use? What have you found works well.

Also I maybe doing something incorrect here, but I find it very weird I have to start my engines and then spend the next 10min of burning fuel while I programme the FMS and complete avionic checks.. is there another method that allows for all that prior to start up?

Cheers guys

vjcarlo
Re: Checklist and procedures

Post by vjcarlo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:32 am

You can always use a GPU. I use the checklists that comes with the aircraft (SECTION 12). There is even a separate checklist for STARTING with the GPU connected. You just have to shut down the Avionics before beginning the Engine Start. This allows you to perform your flight plan entries and obtain ATC clearance before burning any fuel.

Gimballock

Post by Gimballock » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi everybody!
I have a question related to this topic: Is a run up required before every take off?

Because on videos I have found on YouTube, sometimes people do run ups and sometimes they don't. Is there a rule that a run up is only required at first flight of the day or something?

Kind regards
Stefan

KenG

Post by KenG » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm

If you have access to an actual checklist:
NOTE
After the first flight of the day, the Preflight Inspection may be omitted except for items marked with a “+” (Fuel Tank Caps and Engine Oil Quantity/Filler Cap need not be checked unless system(s) were serviced.)

NOTE
Items marked with an “*” may be omitted at pilot’s discretion after the first flight of each day.
Thus on the runup there are multiple items that can be skipped.

dg.inskip

Post by dg.inskip » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:54 pm

good to know,

yet to get hold of a real checklist. wanted to create a pocket checklist style, rather then having to open up the manual each time..

KenG

Post by KenG » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:21 pm

That is the trick as even if you want to buy a copy you need a Rockwell-Collins account. Also because of ITARs (not to mention copyright), the transfer of official checklists are highly restricted.

However, here is a trifold that I built specifically for simulation designed after airline-style tri-folds. It is not sanctioned by Beech or MV. There are no detailed steps for checks or substeps so it assumes you have those memorized. Also, some steps are out of order from the official Beech product so it is considered a Company checklist.

I hope it is what you are looking for. I also included thru flight skippable items + and *.
Attachments
Trifold Checklist.zip
(158.39 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

meese91

Post by meese91 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:43 pm

I prefer learning flows by heart and using the checklist only as a "did you remember this?" tool. So instead of a million items for the run up sequence, I just have one item per system check. I've made one double-paged two paragraph per page (because I like having a single laminated sheet in front of me) checklist freely off of the included Milviz checklist, excluding things I felt were redundant or not relevant to flightsim, and collapsing multiple items into single items. If anyone is of the same mind as me, you'll find it attached here, enjoy!
B350 NORM CHECKLIST.zip
Condensed checklist
(118.97 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

Gimballock

Post by Gimballock » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:44 pm

Nice! That's exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks a lot!

dg.inskip

Post by dg.inskip » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:27 am

These are great thank you guys for sharing

Return to “K.A.350 Support Forum”