Out of VRAM Memory[Answered]

valvelifter
Out of VRAM Memory[Answered]

Post by valvelifter » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Hi,

I just purchased the 350i this morning and I can't get it to work. I am testing it primarily with FlyTampa's CYUL scenery, although I have issues even with P3D default airports (i.e. Randolph AFB). I have a GTX 1070 and I can't get VRAM usage <6.3GB. The thing is -> I can load other aircraft from very reputable developers (i.e. 737 ...) ,as well as other GA aircraft, with no issues - VRAM usage maxes out in the 5-5.5GB range consistently with those aircraft, even with EA on (I use ASN P3D) and precipitation.

I haven't even got to the point where I turn the battery on to get started - when I pan around (using Chaseplane) or look outside, I get an OOM error.

I've reduced my settings as much as I decently can.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce VRAM usage with this aircraft, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

scottgridley
Re: Out of VRAM Memory

Post by scottgridley » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:15 am

I've found setting texture resolution to 1024x1024 (medium) or less helps. Can you post your settings?

valvelifter

Post by valvelifter » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:47 am

I've tried everything. Even with low textures and most of the sliders to the left, I get OOM memory errors. Tried reducing aliasing, turning reflections off, etc... I even tried installing the non-high resolution textures during reinstall and not even that helped.

The only thing that allowed me to not get the OOM error was to disable EA completely. I purchased ASN today and by default kept EA on to test it out. I believe that EA is enough to bring it over the 6.7GB limit my card is bound to. I use a couple of other high quality aircraft add-ons and my VRAM remains between the 3-4 range with occasional >5GB when flying around cities. And I have no issues with other aircraft and EA on.

I also tried installing without RealLight with the same OOM issue.

Anybody here try the 350 with EA on?

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:13 pm

It you only have 6.3 of 8GB available I'd say you do not have the latest Windows 10 version installed. With the (fall?) update mine jumped up almost 700megs. Like you my P3D available video memory was always around 6.3 to 6.4 , now it is at 7.1 with the latest version of Windows. Windows was using way to much Vram for overhead and MS finally fixed it.

You can also try installing the lower res textures when you run the installer for the KA. You do this by picking "custom" install in the installer and unselecting "High resolution textures". That will gain you a bit more available vram.

Disabling Truesglass can help also but you loose all the glass and I believe the icing/rain effects as well...

valvelifter

Post by valvelifter » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:05 pm

Thanks Steve! I just updated my Windows 10 rig and as you say, I am now at 7.1GB of free VRAM (vs 6.7MB before). Although 350 is still one of the highest in terms of used GPU memory (still hovers from 6 to 6.6GB used, even with the lower textures installed), at least I can finally fly.. Thanks again for the support.

Return to “K.A.350 Support Forum”