Any proven fixes for DXGI errors in P3D 5.1?

mike
Any proven fixes for DXGI errors in P3D 5.1?

Post by mike » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:44 pm

Hi all, bought the KA350 a couple weeks back but unfortunately haven't managed to complete a flight yet due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG and DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED errors.

I am running a pretty decent PC with 10900K CPU, 64GB Ram, 3900GTX Strix (24GB VRAM), and drivers updated (again only yesterday) so I'm confident it's not that.

The only addons I'm running in P3D at the moment are Orbx, Chaseplane, AIG Traffic. The only two planes i have installed are the KA350 and the Majestic Q400. The Q400 has run faultlessly. I've tried loading the Q400 and sitting idle at NFFN for 10 minutes, then loading the 350 in and breaks nearly straight away.

I have tried TrueGlass off, EA off, limiting frames to 100/60/30, setting Nvidia settings, the registry TDLR fix, setting textures to low, running lower resolutions, etc. I have tried running without Chaseplane and AIG Traffic, no difference.

My DXGI errors happen very quickly, within a couple minutes (less than 10seconds normally). I managed to get off the ground once from NZAA, but I am starting flights around NFFN and the tropical islands North/North-West of New Zealand and it bombs very quickly. These airports have not much happening at them.

What's at fault here? What logs should I be looking for?

I'm out of ideas here, is there any fixes available I could try? It's an expensive plane I hope to be able to use it.

Slayer
Re: Any proven fixes for DXGI errors in P3D 5.1?

Post by Slayer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:11 pm

Looks like you've tried everything.

A TrueGlass update is being worked on and is in beta. As of December 3 the update should be pushed out to all products that use it. You should be able to reinstall the KA and it should download the newest beta version during the installation process.

Please realize the the KA is not sold as V5 compatible yet AFAIK, V5 is still beta.

mike

Post by mike » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:25 am

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I have reinstalled, and will report back.
Slayer wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:11 pm
Please realize the the KA is not sold as V5 compatible yet AFAIK, V5 is still beta.
No I absolutely did not realise this. On the product page the actual title of the aircraft is :

KA350i for P3Dv4/v5

So I spent the money assuming we were good to go in v5. It also says it right above the price, and underneath the Supported Platforms bit.

I get this is a niche market and I bet you put a lot of work into this thing, it looks like its great, and I don't want to detract from that, so I'm not trying to harass you, but if it isn't compatible then imo you could tweak the marketing a bit. I'm over trying to tweak third party stuff I just want it to work these days, and this is an expensive aircraft that I read good things about. So I hope it is sorted and everybody is happy.

mike

Post by mike » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:22 am

Ok as per suggestion I reinstalled the KA350 and it said the true glass was in beta mode and tried to download latest, etc.

Now p3d won't start at all. It says

The product is either not activated or the activation is invalid.

Please contact support

What's the deal with that? Everything is paid for and it would load until I reinstalled the 350.

mike

Post by mike » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:53 am

Completely uninstalled, and reinstalled, and now i can load the plane again.
It still crashes.
I've spent a lot of time in this plane trouble shooting now.
If I turn off variable refresh rate, I don't get the DXGI errors anymore. FYI I have a G9 monitor with GSync if it makes a difference. I tried on a Z30 without GSync but both crash with DXGI errors if that option is on.

So, with it off, the plane now just CTDs within a few minutes with no error.

Frame rates are about 60-70 with quick, constant drops down to 30. Other planes do not have this quick drop down to 30. If i could explain it it would be like
-----_-------_-------_-------_
Where _ is the dip to 30.
No idea what to check now. Is there a log that will have something I can show you in it?

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:57 pm

mike wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:25 am
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I have reinstalled, and will report back.
Slayer wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:11 pm
No I absolutely did not realise this. On the product page the actual title of the aircraft is :

KA350i for P3Dv4/v5

So I spent the money assuming we were good to go in v5. It also says it right above the price, and underneath the Supported Platforms bit.

I get this is a niche market and I bet you put a lot of work into this thing, it looks like its great, and I don't want to detract from that, so I'm not trying to harass you, but if it isn't compatible then imo you could tweak the marketing a bit. I'm over trying to tweak third party stuff I just want it to work these days, and this is an expensive aircraft that I read good things about. So I hope it is sorted and everybody is happy.
I stand corrected, as of SP2 they must have changed the product page. I'm forwarding this post to Colin to take a look and see if there is anything else to try..

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:29 pm

If you're using enhanced atmospherics it isn't really compatible with the WXR on the KA. Not a source of a DXGI crash but could cause a different problem.

Return to “K.A.350 Support Forum”