XMLTools Question

Heronjr
XMLTools Question

Post by Heronjr » Tue May 24, 2022 5:22 am

I have some questions about the XMLTools.exe file, because I have been reading about here relating it to electrical problems. After a two years successfully flying, I had to reinstall KA350i and after that I'm having electrical issues and CTDs.

Is xmltools really responsible for some electrical instruments?

The xmltools installation within the ka350i installation is not sufficient?

Do I have to reinstall xmltools separately?

My other planes A2A and PMDG are all well, thanks.

Regards,

Taguilo
Re: XMLTools Question

Post by Taguilo » Tue May 24, 2022 1:01 pm

Hi,

XMLTools64.dll (NOT XMLTools.dll) must be present in P3D folder for most aircraft systems to work. Besides, DLL.XML file must contain an entry for XMLTools64.
Please check that you are installing/using XMLTools64 version, which is the correct one for the King Air.

Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Tue May 24, 2022 10:01 pm

Hi Taquilo,

I have XMLtools64.exe in the P3Dv5 root folder. I reinstalled it manually because I think the KA350i installer is not doing it correctly. It said it was installed successfully.

But, the only file DLL.XML I have exists at "d:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\RAASPRO\Res\" and it does not contain any entry for XMÇTools64.exe:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>RAAS Professional</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

What can I do now?

Thanks for your attention

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed May 25, 2022 6:40 pm

Try downloading this and installing it:

Be sure to right click/run the installer as an admin.

https://milviz.sharepoint.com/:u:/s/Gen ... w?e=19ZoFj

With the problems you are having it seems something is messed up or corrupted in your simulator.

Did you do a partial install (IE: Upgrade only the client ) from a previous version?

Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Thu May 26, 2022 1:47 pm

Hi Steve,

I always upgrade the simulator as LM recommendations, not only Client, but the other modules are also removed and installed with fresh ones. The points are:

- My platform P3Dv5.3 HF2 was working perfectly with the other complex aircraft, as well the KA350i. No CTDs, no GPU complains.
- Then, I purchased and installed your Milviz P180E. Installation successfully - I only frowned at the True Glass "beta" warning during its installation.
- Loading the P180E, battery ON, PFD and MFD blank. Engines ON, Avionics ON and PFD/MFD still blank. FMS was alive, but got freeze after some clicks.
- Got a CTD after clicking above the MFD to call the 2D panel.
- Rebooted.
- Loaded the KA350i and everything was working okay, as always. All avionics up and running.
- Rebooted.
- Loaded the P180E, same problems arose and got a CTD after trying to load a route in the FMS. It does not call the EXEC word after the Activate button is pressed.
- After some more trying, decided the plane was bugged or not compatible with P3Dv5.3 HF2, I asked for a refund, which you provided.
- Uninstalled the P180E and, after this, the KA350i inherited the P180E same problems and now its impossible to use it.

IMPORTANT: The other complex aircraft are still working normally, and I tried installing a C441 Conquest II (Alabeo) from my hangar and injected a RXP GTN750 in its panel and everything worked okay, and the plane is flying without any issues.

Do you think I must reinstall P3D? Which XMLs should point to XMLTools64 and where?

Thanks for your attention.

Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Sat May 28, 2022 11:29 pm

Hi Steve,

Your XMLTools64 installer did not solved the problem. Thanks.

Can someone thinks of any issue that could provoke a CTD when clicking the MFD or the FMS top to bring it to 2D panel?

Regards,

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sun May 29, 2022 2:23 pm

Are you using enhanced atmospherics?

The only other thing I can think of is another add on like FSUIPC causing issues.

Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Sun May 29, 2022 3:56 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, but I do not have FSUIPC. Any of my aircraft need that.

Regards,

Return to “K.A.350 Support Forum”