FMS path now not working well

Heronjr
FMS path now not working well

Post by Heronjr » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:35 am

Hi,
I know this subject was discussed in the past 2 years, with the speed being the culprit along the posts. Well, I agree that, in the case of ILS approaches, the speed is an absolute potential factor, but I am talking here about cruising.

I own this aircraft since the first version and, among all the issues reported and fixed, I've never had this specific cruise FMS path problem. I did a round-the-World trip with the KA350i, with all the flight plans followed perfectly by the FMS. I can't remember any glitch with it.

But now in 2022, since 3 or 4 months ago, I am having this problem in each and every flight. She starts to follow the FMS plan line and then, out of the blue, starts a right turn, and if I don't use the A/P HDG button, she would continue to turn to wherever the heck I don't know.

What I am thinking: I flew a lot with this plane in P3Dv4. Then, sometime ago I migrated to P3Dv5 and then came 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 along with their HFs. I can say here that the KA350i stayed for this time in hangar.

So, my question is: the last installation file I have is MV_KA350i_v1.2.0_20201109, from 2020. Since then, P3D had some upgrades. Is there a chance P3Dv5.1 or 2 or 3 had inserted some issue in the FMS flight path?

Regards

Slayer
Re: FMS path now not working well

Post by Slayer » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:27 am

I'm not sure what if any changes were made to V5 in the autopilot behavior. If I recall right this aircraft uses the sim AP so could be something related to that or it could be bad data in the FMS? Are you using navigraph?

Heronjr
Re: FMS path now not working well

Post by Heronjr » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:20 am

Hi Steve,
Yes, I have a Navigraph subscription updated monthly. I am very confused with this behavior, mainly because it's an aircraft which was not causing any problem sometime ago. I always turn the autopilot with HDG on and when I switch to FMS she starts to follow it, but sometime after, she starts to deviate from the path planned.

I have no problems with the other payware aircraft.

Regards,

Return to “K.A.350 Support Forum”