KA350i not found in Control Panel

Heronjr
KA350i not found in Control Panel

Post by Heronjr » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:34 pm

Hi,
I am having unsolved navigation problems (posted here) with the KA350i, so I decided to reinstall it. As old recommendations say we should uninstall the aircraft and MVAMS before, so I looked for the installations in the Control Panel Programs and Resources, and for my surprise I did not find any Milviz installation. I remember other times I did this, ans always found both programs there.

Now, how will I uninstall the plane?

Regards,

Heronjr
Re: KA350i not found in Control Panel

Post by Heronjr » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:40 pm

I tried to solve the problem, reinstalling the KA350i over the installed ghost aircraft, as it did not existed in the Windows 10 Control Panel. I am sure it was there sometime ago.

1. After reinstalling, it appeared again in the Control Panel. Then I uninstalled it along with MVAMS. I also removed MVAMS directory after all.
2. Re-installation: now the prerequisites RealLight and TrueGrass take each one forever before a message saying that it was not possible download the thing. So I unchecked both prerequisites.
3. The KA350i was successfully installed .
4. The panel is still dark - this is an interminable discussion and I am sure no one on Earth knows the answer.
5. The problem I had as motive of the re-installation continues. It is posted in this forum without solution.
6. Everything was done using reboots and administration rights.
7. As it seems Milviz support is running sort of different from the past, I would like to know if is there any chance to open a ticket in Blackbird.

Thanks and regards,

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:11 am

2) The night lighting and rain effects will not work without TG and RL installed. You can find those in the aircrafts redistributables folder in your P3D. The should work without having to download anything.

4) The dark panels is a P3D issue. You can try this fix on their forums for a different shader:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=45

If it wasn't broken before a P3D update then you could try reverting to the older version of P3D to see if that is the source of your nav problem. I'm guessing that no amount of reinstallations will fix your issue if something in the core of P3D is affecting it.

Make sure you update everything in P3D. Client, content and scenery or you will have issues.

There is no separate forum or support system , it is one and the same, only a name change.

Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:24 am

Steve,
Thanks for the shader tip. I will try it.

Regards,

Return to “K.A.350 Support Forum”