MD 530F Helicopter for MSFS 2020?

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other MD 530 pilots!
(No support requests please)
Gpurg
MD 530F Helicopter for MSFS 2020?

Post by Gpurg » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:14 am

The MD 530F Helicopter would be a perfect fit for those of us who have found a home in the MS Flt Sim World. MSFS has opened up the World of Flight Simulation to Millions of people who were never interested in flight sims before, due, I believe to the incredible realism it offers. While it it is true that it is experiencing a few growing pains, it is very understandable given the incredible complexity of the undertaking. Coupling accurate flight profiles for hundreds of aircraft, 34,000 real world airfields, with optional Real World weather conditions that currently exist at any given location anywhere on the planet, not to mention a mind numbing number of settings to suit any level of user,,, is no small task...

No aircraft should be left out of this fantastic Flt Sim journey. The secondary market like MILVIZ and others, are racing to keep up with the demand, while continuing to support for the other great Sims that led us to this point. But it is almost painful for some of us, to see helis like the MD500 series flying in other sims and not being able to get our hands on the stick.. :(
The MD500E/F is an incredible platform which has all types of expansion possibilities. I hope that MILVIZ will be encouraged by the sheer number of MSFS users looking for a really Great Helicopter like the MD-500E, to wind one up for the guys and gals who find heli-flying the #1 fun challenge in all the sims... Hope I can be the first MSFS pilot to buy and fly one...:))))

Slayer
Re: MD 530F Helicopter for MSFS 2020?

Post by Slayer » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:53 pm

It is possible but is is not currently being actively worked on. There are at least 3 or 4 other projects in the pipeline that need to be completed before that could be considered. That state of Helicopters in MSFS right now is not very good but I believe Asobo is in the process of improving that.

Gpurg

Post by Gpurg » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:28 am

I believe you just made my point.. It was precisely the lack of some really well thought out helicopter designs and flight profiles that I believe continues to cause a drag on the numbers. You can't fly, what you can't buy, so to speak. Leaving out a stand-alone helicopter option in the initial issuance of MSFS, was a significant omission of a popular Aircraft Type..
I believe that MSFS, being such a complex and state-of-the-art Flight-Sim, it will hopefully continue to evolve as technology evolves, and may never be "finished". But that's ok, I am sure the VR folks would agree, since it already works well with the goggle folks I have talked to.

All that aside, I do applaud the significant skill and dedication you and all the platform designers apply in your continuing efforts to please all of us out here in the Digital Flt-Sim World.
They say the MD-500 was the love-child of a Bell UH-1 Huey and a Bell Jet Ranger, the best of both..
Sim Pilots will love the MD-500 as well.

Beesty

Post by Beesty » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:48 pm

I had spent a good few hours in the MD-530 Iโ€™m FSX but where it really became amazing for me was when I transitioned to VR in P3DV4. I may have breached a thousand hours with it in P3D and I hope Blackbirdsims will consider it for MSFS 2020 now that helps have been introduced. Time will tell and the detail both internal and external still amazes me in P3D.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Return to โ€œMD530 General Forumโ€