Trick to get Force Trim working?

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other MD 530 pilots!
(No support requests please)
PurdueKev
Trick to get Force Trim working?

Post by PurdueKev » Tue May 10, 2016 3:03 am

I am using a CH Fighterstick for my cyclic... I have tried every button on the stick in the ACM, and cannot seem to get the Force Trim function to work. I have tried both pressing and releasing the button before centering, and also pressing the button then centering and THEN releasing (like the Dreamfoil X-plane helos). The selected pitch angle does not stay - it is not a drift, it is as if you released your hand from the stick. For example, I am pitched forward for 70 knots and press and release the button, when I center the stick bird pitches back up and I can't hold airspeed. Is there something I am missing?

I am flying P3D v3.

Thanks!

Kevin

JonathanBleeker
Re: Trick to get Force Trim working?

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue May 10, 2016 8:07 am

the MD-530 doesn't actually have the force trim control in reality so we disabled it. Try assigning elevator/aileron trim in your FSX controls instead. You can use them to trim as we redirect those commands into the cyclic.
-JB

Milviz R&D Lab dev/Resident PITA Perfectionist.

Please read the manual before posting. You will learn quicker than if I act as your instructor.

PurdueKev

Post by PurdueKev » Tue May 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Thanks - the manual and the ACM tool still referred to the Force Trim function, so I was confused as to why it wasn't working.

seba0412

Post by seba0412 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:15 pm

Force trim was nice function.
Sad that it's now disabled.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue May 10, 2016 8:53 pm

It was always a paid addition to the real aircraft and, for most users, hard to control/figure out. The decision was made to disable it.
Creative Director and chooser of planes.

Return to “MD530 General Forum”