MD530

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other MD 530 pilots!
(No support requests please)
Barkingdog
MD530

Post by Barkingdog » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:13 pm

Hello all.

Im new to your products and this is my first post.

A little about me. My first memory was at 6 months of age, lying on my back, on a blanket in our back yard on a bright sunny blue cloudless day, is of a low flying Douglas DC4, it was super loud and left such a lasting impression, that im sure my last thoughts on this earth with be of my wife and dogs, on the wing of a plane hahaha.

I grew up near Ryan Airport in Baton Rouge and started restoring vintage aircraft as a helper machinist/welder etc... with members of the Confederate Air Force. Ive restored and flown T-6s, AT-6s, a P51, T28 and a B25. I worked for a little helicopter company named Metro Aviation and it was there I helped perform annuals on Gazelles, Bell 206s, and Hughes 300 and 500 series of helos. Specifically the 500Ds. It was there I was taught how to start turbine engines and how to hover so mechanics could properly track the main rotors. Main transmissions on the Hughes 500D taken apart is a thing of beauty to behold, especially the quality of the ring gear and its size. I have just under 1000 hours flight time as pilot in command. Several thousand in the right seat and other places. Ive flown most single engine fixed wing and some twins and about a third of my time was spent doing aerobatics. But due to a medical issue I had to walk away from flying at the age of 20. A huge change and it stunk.

Because I did't fly anymore and was missing aviation my world changed with two things, buying my first computer and the purchase of Microsofts Flight Sim. Ive been purchasing Microsofts Flight simulator programs since 92. Ive bought everyone since including all the "Special additions". Ive also used X-Plane which I didn't care for due to vanilla feel and look in addition to it being harder to modify. Through the years of using the FS programs, Ive learned how to modify the aircraft's behavior and the world textures, so much so, that the program takes about 270gigs of space on the SSD. Im OCD when it comes to the feel and look of my aircraft. And with that said I own all but 4 of Carenado's aircraft they offer.

Before I purchased the MD530, I had only purchased one other helo and that was 6 months ago, the R66 Turbine from Carenado. It starts fairly correct and flies pretty OK, until I found MILVIZ, I was in the belief that the laws of physics when in the FSX world, that helicopters would never be duplicated in start up, sound, control and especially flight dynamics.

That was until I found MILVIZ and the MD530, and why Im just finding you now has mystified me. But that's in the past.

After a few days of a learning curve and practice, oh, AND THANK YOU KAT for the start up file. That file made it more accurate for start up with the exception of the fuel dump when reaching 20%.

And for the first time I HAVE A TRIM CONTROL!!! very accurate and allows for a flight that burns all the fuel. Ive never done that. Always short hops, but now I have a realistic helo that reflects my experience flying real aircraft. Unprecedented. And because of your attention to detail and flight dynamics and sound files to match( I do however would like to discuss what the real start up and shut down sound like to help yall modify your sound files).

Its like flying the real thing.

Thank you and who ever worked on the project. My hat is off to yall

Barkingdog

Kat
Re: MD530

Post by Kat » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:08 pm

THANK YOU for the positive feedback. It is much appreciated!

Barkingdog
Re: MD530

Post by Barkingdog » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:39 pm

Ok, now its time to correct the emergency floats of the MD530. There are skid-tube extensions that also include the float bag. I can get you photos of what these look like in both stored and after set-off modes. They way they are now, the center of gravity is aft of the floats position, that in real life it's impossible for the aircraft to steady itself on the water. It'll roll over on its back and the only thing seem will be the bottom of the skids/floats.

Please let me know

Return to “MD530 General Forum”