MD530F flight dynamics

corby
MD530F flight dynamics

Post by corby » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi Guys,
I got a problem (or maybe several) with the MD530F:
- During vertical take-off, the helicopter puts his nose down. So far no problem. But I can't counteract with the Stick, as this has no effect.
- When increasing speed, the same nose-down-problem occurs (at approximately 70 knots). Again, pulling the stick back has nearly zero effect.
- In both situations you can see in the VC how the Stick inside the helicopter pushes forward. When pulling my joystick back, you can see how the Stick in the VC shakes forward and backwards while keeping most of the time in the forward position. -> doesn't bring any solution.
- The problem during the flight (at ~70knots) resolves itself, when pulling the stick all the way back all the time. After a few seconds the Stick inside the VC does finally what I am doing with my joystick and the helicopter puts its nose up and loses all the speed.
- Trying to help myself with the ailerion trim brings no solution in both situations.
- For the Bell407 I assigned a button on my joystick for the trim release. For both situations: when pushing the "trim release"-button in the MD530F, the stick goes all the way back (brings the same effect as pulling the stick all the way back for a few seconds, as mentioned above).

Can anybody help with this issue? Like changing something in the aircraft.cfg or the .air file?
I already tried to re-install the MD530. I checked twice on installing it the way they recommend it (with no anti-virus program running during download and so on). Nothing works.

Thanks in advance!

Corby

Dutch
Re: MD530F flight dynamics

Post by Dutch » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi Corby,

Which version of the simulator and which version of windows are you running under?

What joystick or input device are you using and is FSUIPC (or any assignments outside of the standard menu) involved?

It sounds like some spurious inputs are being picked up form somewhere and I'm looking for where they could be coming from.

Dutch

corby wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:08 pm
Hi Guys,
I got a problem (or maybe several) with the MD530F:
- During vertical take-off, the helicopter puts his nose down. So far no problem. But I can't counteract with the Stick, as this has no effect.
- When increasing speed, the same nose-down-problem occurs (at approximately 70 knots). Again, pulling the stick back has nearly zero effect.
- In both situations you can see in the VC how the Stick inside the helicopter pushes forward. When pulling my joystick back, you can see how the Stick in the VC shakes forward and backwards while keeping most of the time in the forward position. -> doesn't bring any solution.
- The problem during the flight (at ~70knots) resolves itself, when pulling the stick all the way back all the time. After a few seconds the Stick inside the VC does finally what I am doing with my joystick and the helicopter puts its nose up and loses all the speed.
- Trying to help myself with the ailerion trim brings no solution in both situations.
- For the Bell407 I assigned a button on my joystick for the trim release. For both situations: when pushing the "trim release"-button in the MD530F, the stick goes all the way back (brings the same effect as pulling the stick all the way back for a few seconds, as mentioned above).

Can anybody help with this issue? Like changing something in the aircraft.cfg or the .air file?
I already tried to re-install the MD530. I checked twice on installing it the way they recommend it (with no anti-virus program running during download and so on). Nothing works.

Thanks in advance!

Corby

corby
Re: MD530F flight dynamics

Post by corby » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi Dutch,
My Simulator Version is FSX Acceleration under Windows 10. My Joystick is the Logitech G940. FSUIPC is installed on my computer, but not running or involved in the Joystick installation.

Thanks!

Corby

Return to “MD530 Support Forum”