P-38L TacPack (second try)

robertlakari
P-38L TacPack (second try)

Post by robertlakari » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:39 pm

[This is my second try. I shouldn't have tried the "save backup" option on the first try . My submission disappeared]

Most of the functions of the TacPack installation in my new FSX-SE installation of the P-38L are intermittent and/or inoperative. I have tried reinstalling with no change.

1. The switches for rockets and guns are located behind the control yoke. It requires a hard bank to reach them and of course they are not there with the yoke turned off.

2. The triggers are not visible with a correct pilot seat position.

3. The only release/fire command assigned by TacPack (trigger or keystroke) that works consistently is the bomb release. Sometimes the rockets fire.

4. None of the weapons show impact, except sometimes bomb and rocket impacts appear.

5. The gun tracers are intermittent. Sometimes they are visible. They are firing -- I can hear them.

6. All the rockets and the launch racks disappear when the rockets are fired, regardless of the single/auto selection.

7. The “manual” is beyond belief. It doesn't even include how to select the armament panel. It doesn't describe any interaction between weapons selections (guns and rockets together??). Is there inflight weapons reloading? The guns and rockets fire on the ground. And so on.

I know Milviz can do this -- I'm very happy with the P3D Corsair. Am I missing something? This is a new download and installation -- is there a hotfix missing?

Help!

Slayer
Re: P-38L TacPack (second try)

Post by Slayer » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:22 pm

So the tacpack functions are working in your corsair install? We have not been doing any development on FSX for a while so I doubt there is a newer version. Assuming you have the TACKPACK hotfix from 2017 installed?

http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=7220

robertlakari

Post by robertlakari » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:41 pm

Steve --

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't seen the hotfix; if I had I would probably have assumed that a new download would incorporate it. I have now installed the hotfix, I think. I unzipped and copied to my P38 folder and accepted the overwrites. There's no indicator that the fix has been accepted -- no date changes on the files, etc.

There is no change in the behavior of the weapons system. And no change in the cockpit layout.

And yes the Milviz Corsair works fine, but it's P3D. And my FSX TacPack works fine with the VRS Superbug. I bought the P38 so I'd have a WWII fighter with TacPack in FSX.

Bob

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:26 pm

I've asked the developers to take a look.

Return to “Lockheed P-38L Support Forum”