New 'Green cockpit' issue

BobTou
New 'Green cockpit' issue

Post by BobTou » Thu May 11, 2017 9:05 pm

All previous posts on this issue seem to relate to Lockheed's P3D program; however, I use MS's FSX Acceleration program in Windows 7. Issues are: (1) Lime green cockpit, (2) No pilot, (3) Cannot start engine, (4) Cannot link to MVAMS. Clicking/moving the lighting knobs has no effect on the green coloration. FSX and F-100 were both installed as 'Admininstrator', and FSX and MVAMS program are also used as 'Administrator'. The attached screen-grab shows the MVAMS error message. No other 3rd-party freeware or payware aircraft exhibit issues in FSX, only the MILVIZ F-100D. And, yes, MS NET Framework 4.6.1, Direct X 10, and Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86 are all loaded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated; TIA.
Attachments
Project1.jpg
Project1.jpg (101.55 KiB) Viewed 1124 times

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: New 'Green cockpit' issue

Post by Krazycolin » Thu May 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Av off on download and install? No Estonia took running? Running as admin?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri May 12, 2017 9:34 am

Just to verify regarding the run as admin, when we say run as admin we are referring to the check box if you right click on your FSX exe and select properties->compatibility->Run this program as administrator.

One other question is, when you selected the aircraft did you get a window asking if you wanted to load certain dlls?

BobTou

Post by BobTou » Sat May 13, 2017 10:13 pm

No, I saw no request to download DLLs while the F-100 progrm was loading and, yes, I made the FSX and F-100 programs run in Admin mode by 'checking' that feature. In any case, through making extensive mods to panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg,and by replacing the 'air' file, I have been able to get the F-100 to fly reasonably well, albeit without a visible pilot and with no link to MVAMS.

In general, over the many 3rd party FSX aircraft that I've purchased through the years, only MILVIZ aircraft have given me these kinds of computer frustrations (the F-4S and F-4E were nearly as challenging, although I devised workarounds on my own). This experience, and now this very poor 'product support' response, ensures that I won't make any further purchases from MILVIZ.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Sat May 13, 2017 11:05 pm

I am sorry - we are trying to help. What could we do better, given that this is a rare problem, usually resolved by the solutions you were sent by email, and that our development team doesn't as a rule work on weekends ?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Something is blocking your sim from loading those gauges. Please post your FSX cfg.

odourboy

Post by odourboy » Mon May 15, 2017 3:47 pm

In addition to Jonathan's request for your fsx.cfg, here's a long shot that you might check in case your installation went off the rails somehow causing Windows to block the execution of the aircraft dlls: Can you check the 'properties' of the .dll and .gau files in the F100D panel folder and see if they are 'blocked'. That would bad and they need to be manually unblocked. This usually only occurs when you manually copy/paste a dll onto your system, but worth a look.

Return to “North American F100D Support Forum”