Interior sound and start cart

VetteDrvr
Interior sound and start cart

Post by VetteDrvr » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:58 am

Hi, I just bought this most excellent plane. It was well worth the money and I'm very much enjoying it.
I haven't had a chance to read all the way through all the manuasl but I have watched the videos on the site.

I have two simple questions that I can't seem to find answers to.

First I have P3D 3.2, Windows 7, 64 on a very fast PC.
I have the sound sliders all the way to the right.
When I'm in spot view I can hear the engines just fine but inside the cockpit on the ground or in flight it's almost silent. If I pan down to the seat bottom the sound goes up a little. In the failure video the sound was great from inside the cockpit, is there anything I'm doing wrong?

And the second question. How do I get the start cart to appear? I have chocks and a ladder and during a C&D start I never see that cart. Do I have to go to the drop down menu and save it as C&D and reload the plane?

Any answers will be most appreciated.

Alvaro
Re: Interior sound and start cart

Post by Alvaro » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Please, move you questions to the support forum.

Thanks

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:24 pm

Done

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:19 pm

VetteDrvr wrote:Hi, I just bought this most excellent plane. It was well worth the money and I'm very much enjoying it.
I haven't had a chance to read all the way through all the manuasl but I have watched the videos on the site.

I have two simple questions that I can't seem to find answers to.

First I have P3D 3.2, Windows 7, 64 on a very fast PC.
When I'm in spot view I can hear the engines just fine but inside the cockpit on the ground or in flight it's almost silent. If I pan down to the seat bottom the sound goes up a little. In the failure video the sound was great from inside the cockpit, is there anything I'm doing wrong?

And the second question. How do I get the start cart to appear? I have chocks and a ladder and during a C&D start I never see that cart. Do I have to go to the drop down menu and save it as C&D and reload the plane?

Any answers will be most appreciated.
Hi,
Start cart is displayed with Shift+2 (Pre-flight utility window). Then you must select the start source by clicking on it ("Fixed Base Power" or "Ground Cart"). In the GPU cart, you must turn it On (switch). In the Fixed Base Power, just click on the small image and the external air supply will be enabled.

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:45 pm

VetteDrvr wrote: First I have P3D 3.2, Windows 7, 64 on a very fast PC.
About the sounds issue...try to reset your sound to a default configuration, including volumes.
While the ADV uses a custom sound system for some specific effects (afterburners, buffet, etc...), VC internal engine sounds are played through standard P3D/FSX means so the issue you mention seems to be more related to a general configuration issue than an ADV specific problem.

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Support Forum”