Question about realism settings

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Talon pilots!
(No support requests please)
Alan_A
Question about realism settings

Post by Alan_A » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Quick question about realism settings - the manual specifies that realism must be set to "hard" for the failure generator to work. The "hard" preset includes crash detection set to "on." For other aircraft, I generally leave it off (too many badly drawn bounding boxes at third party airports), which of course resets realism from "hard" to "custom." If I go without crash detection in the T-38 Advanced, does that create problems with the failure system? If so, I'll enable crash detection for this aircraft only and be really, really careful (and hopeful) while I taxi. Thanks!

Alvaro
Re: Question about realism settings

Post by Alvaro » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:55 am

The ADV failures generator does not depend on simulator realism settings. However, in order to avoid issues with the custom flight dynamics engine it is highly recommended to set the simulator overall realism to MAX . Personally, I would leave the g-effects “OFF” as the sim default blackout onset is way too low and does not correspond with the expected in a military pilot provided with anti-g suit.

About the “crash detection” option…you can perfectly leave it OFF but, in order to ensure the consistence with the ADV ground physics engine you also should deselect “Realistic Landing gear” option in the Failures menu. Otherwise, you can find unwanted behaviours after landing gear collapses, especially in those cases where the airframe integrity limits is by far exceeded (and the crash is not triggered).

Álvaro

Alan_A
Re: Question about realism settings

Post by Alan_A » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:56 am

Ah, thanks, that helps. I hate to compromise realism in any way but FSX crash detection causes so many problems that I'd much rather do without it. Will disable the Realistic Landing Gear option as well.

With those tweaks in mind, back to pattern work...

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced General Forum”