Test light and pitch stability

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Talon pilots!
(No support requests please)
dggoofy
Test light and pitch stability

Post by dggoofy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:15 am

Hi,

Just 2 questions about this great bird (I already flew over 10 hours with great pleasure) :

- I set ON battery... then test the lamps : all lamps are lighted, except the one from TRIM. Is this correct or an issue ?
- It's very hard to stabilize a straight flight. Pitch stability is horrible. Speed M0.9, trim set, V/S ~0 ft. But suddenly the plane climb or rise for V/S 0 to -2000 or +2000. Was the real airplane so terrific to fly ?

Cheers

Daniel
Daniel
FSX Golden Edition - Windows 7/64

Alpha
Re: Test light and pitch stability

Post by Alpha » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:18 pm

Did you switch the Pitch aug on?

dggoofy

Post by dggoofy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:04 pm

Alpha wrote:Did you switch the Pitch aug on?

Yes of course... It's flyable, but unstable. I mean : the airplane is trimed perfectly, flies straight ahead at a constant speed. And suddenly without any action on the joystick it climbs or goes down very fast (> 2000 ft/min.)
Daniel
FSX Golden Edition - Windows 7/64

STARBUCK107

Post by STARBUCK107 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:51 pm

If you have A2A Accu-Feel it has to be disable. If you don't know what is accu-feel disregard this question. One other suggestion is to reinstall the product again and disable all firewall and reenable it again. Hope it works for you. Cheers.

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:59 pm

dggoofy wrote:Hi,

Just 2 questions about this great bird (I already flew over 10 hours with great pleasure) :

- I set ON battery... then test the lamps : all lamps are lighted, except the one from TRIM. Is this correct or an issue ?
- It's very hard to stabilize a straight flight. Pitch stability is horrible. Speed M0.9, trim set, V/S ~0 ft. But suddenly the plane climb or rise for V/S 0 to -2000 or +2000. Was the real airplane so terrific to fly ?

Cheers

Daniel
- Battery: not sure if it has to light with test button. We'll check.

- Pitch stability: M0.9 is almost in the heart of the transonic region and where a higher pitch sensibility is found. Turbulence and load factor changes can (and will) interact with stick bob-weight causing slight uncommanded pitch transients. External modules affecting turbulence must be disabled with ADV to avoid interferences...these modules are unsupported.

*Edit*
The stability model in the pitch axis will be revised in the next patch.

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced General Forum”