Request for Repaint - Ohio ANG 180 Fighter Group

silentsage
Request for Repaint - Ohio ANG 180 Fighter Group

Post by silentsage » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:59 pm

I'd like to ask if one of the excellent artists who repaint aircraft could do a repaint of an Ohio Air National Guard F-100 circa 1970. Numerous photos are at the link below:

http://www.f-100.org/hun036.shtml

When I was a kid (long ago in a galaxy far, far away.......) I was in the Civil Air Patrol. At one of our summer encampments we shared Phelps-Collins ANG Base in Alpena Michigan with a squadron of F-100s from the Ohio Air Guard. They used the nearby Grayling artillery range for target practice. They had recently returned from a tour in Viet Nam, and I recall sitting in a hall listening to them describe some of their air-to-ground missions while they played their gun camera film on a screen. They were a great bunch of guys (both the pilots and other staff) and I think all the cadets came away from the encampment very impressed with the Air Force.

A cadet asked how well the F-100 glided when the engine failed, and one of the pilots took his car keys out of his pocket, held them out at arms length, and dropped them, and said "Oh, about like that......"

Return to “F-100D repaints”