Okay this is wierd

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other UH1 pilots!
(No support requests please)
FireRx
Okay this is wierd

Post by FireRx » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:33 am

hey Guys I got a weird one for you,.

The Huey Flys great and all but I notice I can't use the twist trottle on the collective. and Ideas. I'm on P3D. Ver 3.4.9 :D

jabloomf1230
Re: Okay this is wierd

Post by jabloomf1230 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:19 am

Do you mean you can't control it with the mouse or do you mean that you can't assign a joystick axis to it in the P3d UI? The chances are it's the latter. Raising and lowering the collective is assigned by default in the sim to the throttle axis (!) and the "twist throttle" as you called it, is probably not assigned to an axis. Raising the collective arm increases the rotor pitch and causes the helicopter to climb; lowering it puts the aircraft into a descent. The cyclic is already assigned to two other axes in P3d, probably the "standard" airplane elevator and aileron axes.

Now, if your problem is that the mouse won't control the collective's throttle, maybe someone from Milviz can help you out.

Ain't helicopters wonderful? You might be better off controlling your joystick with FSUIPC, as that app allows for having unique profiles for various types of aircraft.

FireRx

Post by FireRx » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:16 am

I run my HOTAS off of FSUIPC. it the trottle won't articulate scroll up or down duing start up. the Collective works fine.

Thanks though for suggestion. :D

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:46 pm

FireRx wrote:hey Guys I got a weird one for you,.

The Huey Flys great and all but I notice I can't use the twist trottle on the collective. and Ideas. I'm on P3D. Ver 3.4.9 :D
This is actually functioning as designed.

A problem with turbo helis in FSX/P3D is sensitivity to wind during a "realistic" slow startup. High wind or at the wrong angle can cause startup to fail.

We solved that with the Huey by decoupling the throttle control itself from the FSX/P3d throttle variable, so that we can adjust the throttle "behind the scenes" to overcome wind problems.

But a side effect is that any throttle key assignments no longer actually move the throttle.

Since the throttle isn't used in flight but only for startup and shutdown, it's not that much of an issue.
You'll need to use the mouse wheel to throttle-up on startup, and down on shutdown.

Dutch

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:56 am

Dutch, I have a suggestion to resolve this so users can use hardware. Will send you the details over skype.

FireRx

Post by FireRx » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:14 pm

thanks guys, :D I didn't try the wheel mouse on there!

jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:44 am

Dutch wrote: But a side effect is that any throttle key assignments no longer actually move the throttle.
That's good to know. Many HOTAS sticks have a mouse scroll wheel which is not an axis (for example, my Saitek X-65F) and it controls the Huey throttle the same way that the mouse scroll button does. I hadn't tried assigning an axis to to the throttle, but it wouldn't have worked anyway as you point out.

Return to “UH1 Redux General Forum”