Contnuing problems with the Addon Manager

charliebravo
Contnuing problems with the Addon Manager

Post by charliebravo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Hello,

My FSX version is an FSX Accelerator deluxe installation, (I don't know how to provide further version information other than this.
My system is PC with a Windows 64bit i7 processor running on Windows 7 which I think has all relevant updates referred to in your news post (before calling the doctor) installed. I have installed the T-50 Bobcat with administrator rights and my User Account Control setting is set to minimum, as you recommend.

Can I first kindly ask how do you completely uninstall the Milviz T-50 BobCat in order to attempt a full reinstall in to FSX?

My main concern is that I am still trying to get the Milviz Add-on Manager to load but I am frustrated that at least 2 items included in the Cessan T-50 BobCat installation are continuously being quarantined by my Mcafee Security Suite. This might explain why I have never been able to use this purchased aircraft yet.

These items are the nightlighting.exe file and another possible file called "Program Manager.exe" which if it is part of this installation is located in Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Program Manager\ folder. Can you please tell me if this is associated with the Milviz T-50 Installation.

Can you also please advise me as to exactly how do:

"Make sure that the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning".

Before I get this problem sorted out, any other problems with this installation will have to be tackled at a later time.

Thank you for your help with this post.
Last edited by charliebravo on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonathanBleeker
Re: Contnuing problems with the Addon Manager

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Your entire sim directory must be added to the exclusion list (not sure how this is done in McAfee), and your user\Appdata\Local\MVAMS directory as well.

charliebravo

Post by charliebravo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:21 pm

Thank you for your reply, I will give it a try. I have looked at the 3 PDF documents that came with the T-50 Bobcat installation, and there is no mention of potential installation problems and how to overcome them.

I hope that one day I will get to fly this plane!

Thanks again for your guidance.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:27 pm

The file "Program Manager.exe" is not part of the T-50 installation package. It is part of your operating system.

The other file is part of the package.

Return to “Bobcat Support Forum”