FIXED Fuel Selector is stuck

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Beaver pilots!
(No support requests please)
Hotchillies
FIXED Fuel Selector is stuck

Post by Hotchillies » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:01 pm

I'd like to report a peculiar issue but as its a little specific to my situation, I may be scupperred...

I'm having trouble with the fuel selector in the 'DHC2 Beaver N5347G Floats'. It is set to Cold and Dark via Milviz AddOn Management System. When lauching a scenario via Air Hauler 2 the fuel selector starts pointed directly downwards (i.e. off), when I right click, the fuel selector rotates about 10 degress then immediately resets to pointing directly downwards. Right click, left click middle click have no effect, there does not appear to be any way to select the next fuel tank.

I have only flown once before, and that time I fully shut down the plane and set everything off including the fuel selector after I ended the flight. Not sure if that caused a subsequent issue.

If i start a new flight without Air Hauler 2, just standard P3D, I can select the fuel position. If I start a flight with AH2 with a different aircraft, then switch to the Milviz, the fuel selector is stuck again.

I would love a solution, as I purchased Air Hauler 2 first, then P3D to run AH2, then Milviz so I could use the Beaver in AH2. So it all must work with AH2.

Also when I set the beaver to run 'Ready to Fly' with MAMS it still starts Cold and Dark (I did click Save), this is with or without Air Hauler 2 running, with clean P3D restart or not. Could my default P3D Scenario be contributing to this issue? The default scenario is set with the default Lockheed Marting Maule set with all instruments OFF.
Last edited by Hotchillies on Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hotchillies
Re: Fuel Selector is stuck

Post by Hotchillies » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:48 pm

I have managed to get around this. It seems AH2 was loading the old default beaver from the 'other company' which i had purchased in AH2 originally. So rather than wait to purchase the Milviz beaver in AH2, I was trying to shortcut the process by switching to the Milviz version in P3D (via the scenario menu &/or via the toolbar at the top once the scenario had loaded), but the workaround was to first switch vehicles to the default Maule Orion once the scenario had loaded, then again switch to the Milviz, the Fuel selector then started working.

Shortcuts dont always work! https://imgur.com/PdgQNwU

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver General Forum”