Beaver addon

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Beaver pilots!
(No support requests please)
Flyboy1
Re: Beaver addon

Post by Flyboy1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Well team, I think this proposed list of additions has just moved your Beaver up to the 'Top Tier' of Classic Single Engine Bush/Amphib/Float/Ski/Spray/Tundra/STOL/Tires for FSX/P3D. Congratulations on achieving this remarkable level of recognition. The Gold Star will be attached soon.

Regards,

Ray

Flyboy1

Post by Flyboy1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Milviz,

Just to make it crystal clear - Is the Baron STOL kit that is slated for this new addon better defined as a simulation of the . . .

MK 2000 Baron STOL Kit (originally known as the AOG but, now sold by Stolairus Aviation who hold the old AOG patents?

Regards,

Ray

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Correct.

cheesypaint

Post by cheesypaint » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:33 am

The updates sound great, looking forward to it.

Any chance you can make this possible?
There's only one texture assigned to it at the moment...

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:03 am

It's an add on and not an update... i will see but likely,yes. If so, it will be put into the original as well.

jankees

Post by jankees » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:51 am

I'm not sure if you are going to remap certain textures, but if you do, I suppose the paintkit will change as well.
Could I ask for a layer in the paintkit that shows me where to find the different small parts, because they seem to be scattered all over the texture file. I am talking of things like door hinges, nose gear on the floats, aileron/flap hinges, steps, etc., all those little bits and pieces. I would also like a good UWV map for the doors, the adjustments to stripes across them are driving me nuts. Btw, why did you not make one texture file for both floats, it would have left you with more room for the main textures?

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi Jan

Please speak to Gunnar as he may be able to help you.

We used the Soulmade XP model. Should've used outr own in the end...

StearmanDriver

Post by StearmanDriver » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 am

Danno wrote:I wouldn't mind having a slightly 'lighter' version. Although with the many model configurations included, I see this being a big request.

I am using basic avionics (no weather radar) but still get some micro stutters and blurry textures. I can avoid most of this by closing unneeded programs, pausing AV and being selective about the areas I fly. I'm also going to try resize those 16 Mb texture files to see if that helps.
Hey there,

Not to hijack the thread but I was wondering if you'd consider uploading those textures somewhere, if you see a noticeable performance difference? I love the way this plane flies, but in dense scenery and lousy weather my performance definitely suffers. My old computer is to blame and certainly not MilViz... but I'll take any help I can get until I build a new rig.

Thanks!

Danno

Post by Danno » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 am

StearmanDriver wrote:I was wondering if you'd consider uploading those textures somewhere, if you see a noticeable performance difference?
I can give you one set to test on your system. If you notice a difference, I'll convert whatever texture you use most. I'll PM you a Dropbox link with the 'test' texture file.

On my system, the difference is only slight. Original DDS is 16Mb. My BMP is 8Mb.

PierreF

Post by PierreF » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Hello,

Congrats for your brilliant Beaver and waiting impatiently for the add-on. However some regrests for the awfully detailed paintsheet.

Would you consider a "dirty" windshield (if yet possible), sure it would be appreciated by everybody.

Pierre

Nirgal76

Post by Nirgal76 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:40 pm

PierreF wrote:Hello,

Would you consider a "dirty" windshield (if yet possible), sure it would be appreciated by everybody.

Pierre
+1

StearmanDriver

Post by StearmanDriver » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:04 pm

PierreF wrote:.
Pierre
Wait, what? Considering the lengths to which anyone would go to avoid flying with a dirty windshield... why would you ever want to simulate this most annoying of experiences?

I'm always glad to see a company accommodate user requests, but if MV accommodates this one, I sure hope they keep it optional! ;-)

FireRx

Post by FireRx » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:21 pm

haha, I don't even drive my car with dirty windows much less fly. I clean them as needed. :) yeah make that optional

Padre_288

Post by Padre_288 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Okay, after reading through this thread I have come up with two items. First, in the CoPilot's seat it would be nice to have the eyepoint move faster. I fly a lot of multiplayer and shared pit and this is a nice to have. Second, in the passenger model would it be possible to have the passengers/luggage show in the VC like the cargo does in the cargo model?

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:08 pm

The eyepoint is, im pretty sure, not something we can fix or change.
The decision was made not to put the passengers in the vc as they are creepy when viewed close up.

Cargo... this was supposed to be already in. Is it not?

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver General Forum”