UVW mapping still not correct

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Beaver pilots!
(No support requests please)
Airtrooper
UVW mapping still not correct

Post by Airtrooper » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:11 pm

I'm very happy with the new expansion pack and I initially thought I was also happy with the SP. However, I've discovered that one of the stated aims of the SP, to allow asymmetrical repaints (e.g. camouflage) hasn't been met because the UVW mapping is still faulty. Please see the image of the main texture, below:

The two areas highlighted in red are the undercarriage legs and leg roots, for which there is just one set of textures, which on the model are mapped to both left and right undercarriage.

Also, the area highlighted in blue is the between the engine cowl and cabin. Something is very strange with the UVW mapping, as although the texture is laid out in full the UVW mapping appears to mirror only the top half of it?!

There may be other errors, but there are the ones I've found so far. Can they be fixed please. Many thanks.

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: UVW mapping still not correct

Post by Krazycolin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm sorry but no. There are too many reprints already in process thAt doing a new PK would just make all the painters give up. Sorry.

Airtrooper
Re: UVW mapping still not correct

Post by Airtrooper » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 pm

I understand your point of view, but the flip side is that so few repaints have been released for the MV DHC-2 that updating the UVW again will have relatively little impact.

Another viewpoint is that incorrect UVW will prevent people from completing their paints and turn them off the product, which may in turn influence the way some people perceive future products from such a vendor.

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver General Forum”