Night Lighting, need assistance

bpieke
Night Lighting, need assistance

Post by bpieke » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:48 pm

Just tried to fly at dusk and realized that I am getting no instrument or cabin lights.

Read the forum and the Milviz NightLighting process is not running in Task Manager.

I tried running it by itself and it complained about a missing MSVCP100.dll file.

I had this file in the WOW directory and copied it to the System32 directory.

Now I get an error message about Unable to start correctly ...0007b.

Not urgent, but I am going to need some help. Thanks!

P3DV4.3 and Windows 7/64.

JonathanBleeker
Re: Night Lighting, need assistance

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:29 am

Download and run the VS2010 redistributables.

bpieke

Post by bpieke » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi Jon,

I did as you suggested:

"Thank you for downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)"

The X86 package says: "Found a newer version on your machine.."

Installed and rebooted, still no lightlighting..

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Did you download and install the product with your AV off and with admin on?

did you disable scanning on your sim directly by your AV?

Did you make sure that you're running the sim in ADMIN?

Are you using the latest version of whatever sim you're using?

Is the lighting service running when you're using this product? If not, then the above is likely not true.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:42 pm

@KC helping him via email.

scott

Post by scott » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:26 am

I'm experiencing the same issues and I have checked all the boxes I can think of. Help would be greatly appericated

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:11 pm

Is the lighting service running when you're using this product?
Can you confirm please?

scott

Post by scott » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:53 pm

doodlebug wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:11 pm
Is the lighting service running when you're using this product?
Can you confirm please?
no. When I try to run the NightLighting outside of P3D I get the Application Error 0xc000007b. Inside P3D, no joy. I hope this is reveling: The NightLighting system works without issue in FSX-SE. I do not use my Steam sim very much and did not purchase my Milviz aircraft for it, hence my situation.

I must be missing something here. All my stuff, primary and 3rd party is up to date. I've disabled all the nasty stuff and basically told puter to leave me and my sim stuff the heck alone ...metaphorically speaking. The MSVS +++ is all current. I've dropped new 2020 for old 2015 with zero luck. I've seen response from Milviz in a forum "It's not our problem, it's LM". This concerns me for all, all of my other 3rd party stuff is working well with P3D V4.5.13.32097.

I am extremely grateful for any help you can provide in resolving this.

Does your system meet the sim's requirements?
YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process?
YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)?
YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin?
YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning?
YES
Does your system have the required distributables?
YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible?
YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim?
YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft?
YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory?
YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed?
YES

Aircraft: DHC-2 Beaver
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 171229_wx
Unique ticket identifier: 8AF7F274-EDE1-0015-2B51-55EF4F0C8069

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:14 pm

If you don't see the Milviz Lighting Service in your task manager (as a process of P3D - click the little '>' to open it up) while P3d is running, it usually points to a bad install or insufficient permissions.
You have confirmed that you have both downloaded and are running the sim as admin, and that you turned your AV off before downloading - so it should be working. Sometimes a re-sintall can fix these otherwise perplexing problems. Could you try that please, and let us know the result?

scott

Post by scott » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:50 pm

No NightLighting showing in task manager with P3D running. To attempt a Nightlighting subfolder start with P3D running just produces the error code I mentioned earlier.

I will be more than happy to reload/reinstall. To date I've used up 2 of my 10 downloads from Milviz attempting to solve this issue. I have followed the dl directions to the letter as far as I can tell. AV off, Firewall off and UAC is at never notify. It's unpacked from my dl folder to a local drive "Hanger" folder then the install goes right into the sim root folder per the installer (...simObjects/Airplanes ...yada yada.)

My P3D is performing without flaw other than this issue. It was dl and ran in admin mode with verified Check Sum Data of each block.
Again ...FSX-SE is not my cup of tea, however ...My Beaver works great on that platform. It's other 3rd party plug-in's I've issues with on FSX-SE but not yours. So, wouldn't a bad dl/install effect the Steam sim as well??

Could you please be more specific? Would you like for me to dl the entire package from Milviz then unpack, install and try again? I'll sure be happy to try, however ...this will be my 3rd attempt. I've got to be missing something somewhere. Please advise ...and thanks.

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:13 pm

The Error Code 0xc000007b is a common Windows problem, which flared up with the release of Windows 10 Anniversary update. ... That's because the error code 0xc000007b often occurs due to the missing or corrupted . NET framework 3.5 or Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

I get the above when checking that error code , I read you had updated the .net and the Visual C library , was the 2015 installer among them ?
Do you have any other MV product in P3D ? the Porter as an example , If yes is lighting working ? if yes did it get installed after the DHC2?

Is P3d on C in program files?

Best CJ

scott

Post by scott » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Here's the latest CJ.
My install and sim are on the C drive.

MSVS is current. My understanding is 2020 drives 2015. I bailed (removed) on MSVS +++2020 for 2015. As you are aware 2015 won't go in when a newer version is present. I removed the current version, installed 2015 with zero positive results. I'm back to current.

My Net Framework is current, installed and completely activated (no shadowing, all checked in control panel)

The only Milviz product I've owned and installed is Weather Radar wx …(that is the FSX-SE issue I had).

I've uninstalled, reinstalled again this morning, checked to ensure all puter protection was off and once again ...no joy.

My home base is KPWT. 90% of my flights start around 0600 local, it's dark. Regardless, your gauges are much easier to read when lit and impossible to read when dark. I appreciate your help in this. I really like this model and sincerely hope it doesn't become a $50 throw away.

I'm hoping for Occam's Razor … "the most likely explanation for an event is usually the simplest explanation."
Thanks again CJ, I'm grateful for your time.
Scott

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Have you run the MVAMS , selected a panel setup and saved that ? , curiously not doing so can elicit non loading of some .dll assignments.

Best CJ

scott

Post by scott » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:08 pm

Yes, it's how I load in and out. CJ I've read and re-read the directions. I've researched areas in programing I didn't understand prior then re-read the directions to ensure I was performing them correctly.

Please let me know if this is important:

My system has 2 drives and 2 simulators.
Drive C my main of course … it houses my P3D sim /basically my whole world
Drive K ...stuff drive ...it houses my Steam App with FSX-Steam sim and its associated folders (no op system on this drive)

The Beavers NightLighting system works without flaw in my FSX-SE sim. (I only have one Beaver installed on one sim at a time and follow the same commitment to load in and out instructions). I can go to K/steam pile of stuff/NightLighting/ and run the app without error. The app (NightLighting) shows running in task manager.

In P3D (same computer, Graphic card and drivers, etc) NightLighting will not work. It doesn't do anything regarding the instrument and map lights. The Cabin Lights make the NAV eqpt area light up in 2 square shapes. NightLighting does not show up in the task manager with P3D running and if I try to run it from it's embedded folder in P3D I get the error code 0cx000007b (only then).

Apologies CJ. I hope this helps clear up a little of the mud. Scott

Dang it ...forgot ...I went to the securities section of NighLighting app properties in P3D and gave Full Access to everyone (even my mom if she wants it)
I've also ran a chkdsk of C: which reports no errors.

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Hello , attached are the 64 bit dependencies , the contents of nightlighting go in the DHC2 base folder and the two exe's are required and may be among the issues preventing the lights from working .

Give it a shot

Best CJ
Attachments
NightLighting.zip
(28.66 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
redist.x64.zip
(14.73 MiB) Downloaded 21 times

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”