Lights work in FSX-SE but not P3D V4

scott
Lights work in FSX-SE but not P3D V4

Post by scott » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:29 pm

I have the same cockpit lighting issue with my DHC-2 as others I've read about posted in a RealLight thread. I've read the threads and tried to follow along on the advice with no success. I have no RealLight folder in my aircraft's folder installed in p3d simObject/Aircraft/yada_yada … I do have a NightLighting folder.
My gauge lighting doesn't work just as others have stated on their posts. My problem differs as I don't get any error messages on P3D V4 about anything, just no inboard lighting other than the cabin light brightly illuminating the nav units. All outboard lights seem to be performing as expected.

Your aircrafts lighting works great in my FSX-SE sim, which I use very little.
I have made a worthy attempt to follow your downloading and installation instructions to the letter. So ...how do I fix my P3D v4 installation?

Love the bird, can't wait to fly her at night.
Scott

1912.20 update: After reading way too many post's regarding my issue with NightLighting I see that this has been an issue for over 2 years for many users. A full disclosure on MV's part (ya kinda did but …for me, it was easy to miss) with specifics for a resolve would be continued outstanding customer service from MV; other than "it's LM not us". If I may, with much understanding and kindness attached, you are not Lockheed Martin and I'm reasonably sure your board members would enjoy LM's revenue stream. I do believe that it is MV that is tasked with working along side LM, not the other way around.

This forum has helped me solve my wx radar issue in SE. Thanks Chuck, great stuff and advice!! Looking forward to getting the P3D NightLighting iss solved.
Thank you in advance and may you have the happiest of holidays.
Scott
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Does your system meet the sim's requirements?
YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process?
YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)?
YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin?
YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning?
YES
Does your system have the required distributables?
YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible?
YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim?
YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft?
YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory?
YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed?
YES

Aircraft: DHC-2 Beaver
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 171229_wx
Unique ticket identifier: 8AF7F274-EDE1-0015-2B51-55EF4F0C8069

donald6931
Re: Lights work in FSX-SE but not P3D V4

Post by donald6931 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:11 pm

In my limited experience with P3Dv4, I've discovered that P3Dv4 does not display .BMP textures (it can display .DDS textures).
Is this why my DHC-2 Beaver panel lights are not working, because NightLighting uses .BMP textures?

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”