DHC-2 + expansion pack& Turbo otter Prpblem installing

grager2
DHC-2 + expansion pack& Turbo otter Prpblem installing

Post by grager2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:47 am

Hi there, I have been using your DHC-2 & the Turbo Otter in Prepar3d V4.5 for some months.
I recently had occasion to Re-install the Sim and since then have been trying to re-install your products. I have downloaded fresh copies from your site and on all occasions have received an error message :" The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the publisher.:

Please advise where I go to from here. I know nothing about "AIR" files. I was going to purchase the Otter through ORBX but until I can restore my three existing products I'm not game to do so.

I'm using windows 10, Prepar3D v4.5 and would appreciate your early assistance

Graham

N4GIX
Re: DHC-2 + expansion pack& Turbo otter Prpblem installing

Post by N4GIX » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 am

The .air extension has been associated somehow with another program from Adobe. Adobe unfortunately also uses the .air file extension for their Adobe Integrated Runtime module.

I'm sorry to say that after a number of years I cannot remember the fix for this issue, which I first became aware of back as far as FS9.

AVSIM to the rescue! Read this thread for the solution:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/2466 ... rritation/

grager2

Post by grager2 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:27 am

Thanks N4GIX for your reply and also the old link to Avsim

I have now uninstalled Adobe "Air" and freshly downloaded my DHC-2 and tried a new install. The program didn't install to the sim however there was no error message relating to "air". The installation process went normally but just didn't appear in the Sim.

I then took the plunge and bought the DHC-3 through the ORBX Central site.

NO problems and the plane is working well in the sim.

All that leaves me perplexed but at least I have a DHC model to play with. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

Graham

grager2

Post by grager2 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:40 am

thanks everyone. PROBLEM SOLVED - MY ERROR.

Graham

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”