Ghostly presence!

Ron Attwood
Ghostly presence!

Post by Ron Attwood » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:36 pm

I've finished one paint of P2-HOR:

(available on AVSIM Library)

And I'm just finishing off G-DHCZ.

Comes now the 'Ghostly' bit. I am seeing the ghost of N963DH on my paints. In fact ALL the paints in my folder. I've examined the bump map, the specular and the alpha. Nothing is apparent to me. Anyone got a clue as to why?

Ron Attwood
Re: Ghostly presence!

Post by Ron Attwood » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Glad you like it. :D

The ghostly presence bit, you can stop looking now, it's seems to have disappeared.

CAPFlyer

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:59 pm

I think the "ghosting" was an artifact. I got it on my WestWind Airlines repaints intially too. I ended up deleting all the "Paint here" layers and creating a new set from scratch before it resolved itself.

The other thing I found is that FSRepaint2 and this big of a texture file don't play well together. :(

skyhawk18

Post by skyhawk18 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:25 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:I think the "ghosting" was an artifact. I got it on my WestWind Airlines repaints intially too. I ended up deleting all the "Paint here" layers and creating a new set from scratch before it resolved itself.

The other thing I found is that FSRepaint2 and this big of a texture file don't play well together. :(
I have seen the ghosting a couple of times during the model development (DH logo on the tail), but I did not find out why this issue occurred. Anyway - haven't seen it for a while.
FSRepaint2 becomes more and more useless. It is made for earlier versions if FS, and does not support large files. I have contacted Abacus, and there are no more plans for further development. So I am looking for a proper replacement for FSRepaint2. :?

Great paintwork Ron :D

CAPFlyer

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Yeah, that's my problem too. The only thing I really liked about FSRepaint is that you could make changes and then see them much faster on the model than having to reload it in sim (which could be questionable even at that - and takes a lot longer since it wants to load all the scenery and stuff as well instead of just the model). I always use a 3rd party for the paint software (GIMP 2.8 for me right now), so if someone could come up with something like FSRepaint that is just a model viewer and maybe some interface to prompt a reload of the model or something like that.

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:28 pm

I don't use FSRepaint, I use PhotoShop CS6 and ModelConverterX to review work. https://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/ Like the general behaviour of sod's law, I haven't seen it since I posted! I am glad it wasn't just me losing my last remaining marble though.

CAPFlyer

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:15 am

Yeah, I've tried it before and it doesn't do much better than FSRepaint with higher-end models. I just installed the newest version and got the same Black/White checker pattern on it with everything but the default repaint on it, just like I did in FSRepaint.

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:35 am

CAPFlyer wrote:Yeah, I've tried it before and it doesn't do much better than FSRepaint with higher-end models. I just installed the newest version and got the same Black/White checker pattern on it with everything but the default repaint on it, just like I did in FSRepaint.
Try copying the spec and bump map files from 'textures' into your wip folder.

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Repaints”