Beaver spinner.

Ron Attwood
Beaver spinner.

Post by Ron Attwood » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:08 am

I am presently trying to finish a Beaver paint that calls for a red spinner. Where the heck is it? I've trawled through every file in 'textures' and not a sniff. The only thing I've found that looks anything like a spinner is on Beaver_ext_floats.PSD. Colouring the 'spinner' in that makes no difference!

My head, my head!

skyhawk18
Re: Beaver spinner.

Post by skyhawk18 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 am

The spinner material is located here (see image).
However, the material is coded to be chrom-ish. You may try to paint the alpha channel white for this area, but I can not guarantee that the chrome effect will disappear.
Beaver_ext.jpg
Beaver_ext.jpg (501.95 KiB) Viewed 6088 times

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:44 am

Now that's the very first place I thought it would be as there's a layer 'spinning prop cone' I made a schoolboy error in unchecking it and painting it in my 'red' layer. :oops: My excuse is my brain has been addled by trying to find every individual nut and bolt and five parts to every hinge! Aaaaaaagh!
Cheers Gunnar.

EDIT: False hope! The part in question is now red. I made a layer ABOVE the spinning prop cone layer. I edited the alpha layer to be the same as the rest of the paint(glossy but not blinding!) Still it shows dark grey in ModelConverterX AND in game. Jeez!

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:43 pm

Who is the maker of the paint kit? Could he/she please step forward and give me a clue?...Please.

skyhawk18

Post by skyhawk18 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Ron Attwood wrote:Who is the maker of the paint kit? Could he/she please step forward and give me a clue?...Please.
I have checked the paint kit and you're right. Short time ago, the marked area was the texture for the spinner. Sometime during the last beta installers, this have changed. I assume that the spinner texture was coded.
I will post this question in the Milviz beta forum, and see if there are some solutions for the issue.

Also note that there will be some future addons for the Beaver :D viewtopic.php?f=136&t=7778

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Repaints”