No rain effects in P3D 4.3? Read this

aviator64
No rain effects in P3D 4.3? Read this

Post by aviator64 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:10 pm

I have finally got to the bottom of the Trueglass issues I have had since installing the 310.

First of all, if another add-on airplane has already installed Trueglass and Reallight (and it works OK in that other airplane), DO NOT allow the 310 installer to re-install them.

The Trueglass and Reallight installers go out to the TFDI server (without telling you) and download the latest versions of the DLLs and shader files. If you are still running P3D 4.3, this will break your installation as the latest DLLs are incompatible.

That is why the rain effects stopped working on my other add-on airplanes after installing the 310. This is not the fault of the 310 package, the problem is caused by TFDI (the company that makes Trueglass and Reallight).

If you have a broken Trueglass and/or Reallight, here's how you fix it:

Delete the trueglass.dll and reallight.dll files, and the trueglass and reallight directories, from your P3D\gauges directory.
Then take your computer offline (simplest just to unplug your network cable) and run the standalone installers that came with the airplane. They will warn you that there is no internet connection and ask if you want to install from your local copy. Answer Yes to that.

Once the install finishes, you can plug your network cable back in.

Load up P3D, define some rainy weather, and load the 310. You should now get the rain effects on the windshield.

Again, DO NOT allow any other add-on to re-install Trueglass or Reallight once you have a working installation.

I did this and I am getting the Trueglass rain effects once again, in both my Aerosoft Airbus and the 310.

N4GIX
Re: No rain effects in P3D 4.3? Read this

Post by N4GIX » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:03 pm

Wow! Thanks for posting this 'fix' as I was tearing what little hair I have out trying to figure out why RealLights is now failing on my P3Dv4.3 installation. I just haven't had the time to upgrade it lately to v4.4... ;)

Return to “310 Redux Support Forum”