Help with assignment of yoke switch for landing lights [answered]

fppilot
Help with assignment of yoke switch for landing lights [answered]

Post by fppilot » Tue May 19, 2020 11:13 pm

I have replaced my aged and well used Saitek Pro Cessna yoke with a Honeycomb yoke. I am a registered and paid FSUIPC user and FSX is still my most oft used sim. I am able to define all of the available Honeycomb switches to the Redux with exception of the Landing Lights. I would appreciate some guidance on defining either FSX based or FSUIPC based assignment for the two-stage landing lights switch in the Redux.

N4GIX
Re: Help with assignment of yoke switch for landing lights

Post by N4GIX » Tue May 19, 2020 11:51 pm

I can provide the mouse code that is used. That should provide enough information to accomplish your goal I hope.

Code: Select all

<CallbackCode>
        (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 ==
        if{ (L:SwitchLL, enum) -- 0 max (>L:SwitchLL, enum) }
        (M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 ==
        if{ (L:SwitchLL, enum) ++  2 min (>L:SwitchLL, enum) }
        (L:SwitchLL,enum) 2 == if{ (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_ON) }
        (L:SwitchLL,enum) 2 != if{ (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF) }
      </CallbackCode>
The "physical 3d switch" is controlled by the custom variable (L:SwitchLL,enum). This variable switches as follows:
  • 0 = LL OFF
  • 1 = LL EXTEND
  • 2 = LL ON
You would need to also use the stock FSX/P3D (K:LANDING_LIGHTS_ON) and (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF) commands.

fppilot

Post by fppilot » Thu May 21, 2020 1:17 am

Bill. As always, thank you for the timely reply. Alas, I have no idea how to use those codes. Would you enlighten me? Looks like xml code and I am not a programmer....

fppilot

Post by fppilot » Thu May 21, 2020 2:46 pm

Bill, I note this morning that I posted in the 310 forum. My question is actually about the 310 Redux and I expect that may make a difference. Sorry for posting in the wrong area.. Frank

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Thu May 21, 2020 6:02 pm

fppilot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:46 pm
Bill, I note this morning that I posted in the 310 forum. My question is actually about the 310 Redux and I expect that may make a difference. Sorry for posting in the wrong area.. Frank
Since what I posted came from the C310R Redux scripts, it makes no real difference in the end. Both the original release and the Redux used the same scripts.

All that is important are the command names, the rest is just noise as far as this issue is concerned.

On a Honeycomb switch, you would have to have FSUIPC set (L:SwitchLL,enum) to a value of 3, and issue the stock command (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_ON) when the Honeycomb switch is ON...

...and set (L:SwitchLL,enum) to a value of 0 and issue the command (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF) when the Honeycomb switch is OFF...

fppilot

Post by fppilot » Thu May 21, 2020 8:02 pm

OK. Thanks Bill. Hope you are well and staying well there in "the Region". Have wife's relatives there nearby so know the area is hit pretty hard.

Frank

Return to “310 Redux Support Forum”