Fuel selector confusion

gjereza
Fuel selector confusion

Post by gjereza » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:04 am

I'm using the P3D v4.5 HF3.

In the C310 I can only start the engines when the fuel selectors point to the 'yellow' label (aka 'crossfeed'). It should instead point to the blue label (aka 'main engine').

Searching the forums here show that the labels might be reversed per 'jspringe' on 3/16/18. Since it's been more than two years I assume that this was easily fixed.

How do I tell the version of my C310 Redux; and, where do I get the fix? Thank you.

Slayer
Re: Fuel selector confusion

Post by Slayer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:00 pm

I'm pretty sure that the label was taken from a pic of the real thing. Do you mean that it doesn't feed per the position of the selector?

If there is any updates they are pushed out via MVAMS, when you start that and have the aircraft selected it would offer an update if there is one.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Ok so I saw the thread on AVSIM had continued. The problem is the 2d panel being broken. I manipulated them in the VC and it worked but I hadn't tried the 2D panel so I'm guessing thats where the problem lies.

@N4GIX :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

Stew

Post by Stew » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:04 pm

Slayer wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 pm
Ok so I saw the thread on AVSIM had continued. The problem is the 2d panel being broken. I manipulated them in the VC and it worked but I hadn't tried the 2D panel so I'm guessing thats where the problem lies.
Yes, that's where the problem is. The 2D panel was broken a few updates ago, and was never mentioned nor fixed.

Stew

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:35 pm

This is really hard to nail down. I was able to duplicate the problem but a day later after playing with MVAMS it now works. If I have both the 2d and 3d views up at the same time both are in sync.

Can you please try opening mvams, uncheck cold and dark, hit save and then recheck it and hit save again. Before you try to start anything open 2d panel and open another view of the 3d fuel selectors[ view/new view/ fuel selector]

Then try to start it and see if the 2d and 3d are in sync. Also try starting from 3d view.

gjereza

Post by gjereza » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:36 am

Can you please try opening mvams, uncheck cold and dark, hit save and then recheck it and hit save again. Before you try to start anything open 2d panel and open another view of the 3d fuel selectors[ view/new view/ fuel selector]

Then try to start it and see if the 2d and 3d are in sync. Also try starting from 3d view.
------

@slayer Did as you requested above in mvams. P3Dv4.5+ (latest version) would not launch. But after I deleted the 'situation' line in prepar3d.cfg (the c310r was my default start-up plane) P3D launched. Then...

1. I loaded the c310, pressed shift-2 for the 2D panel
2. Adjusted my p3D eyepoint (Ctrl-Shift-Enter) to view the 3D fuel selector between the two seats
3. Rotated the panel on the 3D fuel-selector and noted that the 2D pointer moved in sync and vice versa
4. Adjusted the mixture and turned on the battery
5. Rotated the 2D pointers to the main tank (blue) and pressed the start buttons, and the plane wouldn't start
6. Rotated the 2D (and the corresponding 3D pointers) pointers to the off position
7. Rotated the 3D pointers to the main tank (blue) and pressed the start buttons, and the plane started.

"Wouldn't start" above means the props would make a few turns and then stop.

P.S. When p3d is on game pause, the 2D pointer continues to move but not the 3D pointer in the virtual cockpit. In other words, both pointers are no longer in sync.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:52 pm

Ok I've asked the developer to have a look but I can't promise a timeframe for fix as they are very busy at the moment.

I always do this as I don't like the 2D
2020-9-28_16-51-22-700.jpg
2020-9-28_16-51-22-700.jpg (692.97 KiB) Viewed 1184 times

gjereza

Post by gjereza » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:02 pm

That's a new window right (using the '[' key)? How did you crop that window so that it only displays the 3D fuel selector? Or, is that zoomed in picture? If the latter, how do you assign that view to a pop-up key and save to a scenario?

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:46 pm

gjereza wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:02 pm
That's a new window right (using the '[' key)? How did you crop that window so that it only displays the 3D fuel selector? Or, is that zoomed in picture? If the latter, how do you assign that view to a pop-up key and save to a scenario?
From the view menu at the top of P3D. The aircraft has predefined camera views and the fuel selector is one of them, so view>new view>fuel selectors. the work is already done for you no need to do anything else.

Return to “310 Redux Support Forum”