SP2 Interior Lights - Fantastic!

fppilot
SP2 Interior Lights - Fantastic!

Post by fppilot » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:59 pm

The most recent SP2 download (v3.180406 SP2) has worked wonders for the lighting for me and deserves recognition. Yesterday I completed a flight of over four hours from the St Louis area (KSUS) to the Denver area (KBJC). Love those tip tanks! Was flying west in the afternoon, so sun overhead or out ahead, shadowing the panel and switch banks. I don't believe I have found so much in the way of fine adjustments based on the three rheostats! I was able to easily and accurately adjust lighting to meet the changing conditions.

Wonderful! This fine-tuning ability to adjust the lighting significantly reduces eye fatigue during a long flight. I believe it to be the best among all the GA aircraft I fly.

I also noticed additional clickspots to toggle the overhead lighting. The base of the compass is one. That location is easy to determine if starting cold and dark and if there is any ambient outside light. Just find the battery switch first, then test with the mouse pointer until it changes shape, then click. Then I believe I found others in the vicinity of the outer bezels of several engine gauges. Try near 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock on them with the mouse pointer.

The change in button/key brightness on the autopilot with the radio lights on is also very welcome. Can the same be done with the keys/buttons on the ADF radio?
Last edited by fppilot on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

N4GIX
Re: SP2 Interior Lights - Fantastic!

Post by N4GIX » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:18 pm

You can also look "back" and click on any of the overhead dome lights to turn on/off the cabin lighting.

Thanks for the kind words. The ADF buttons should already be lighted (but perhaps not as well as the KAP140 during the daytime).

raymie1028

Post by raymie1028 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:00 pm

I also want to thank you Bill for providing us "32bit" folks this latest version of SP2. I am now able to enjoy this wonderful Redux version of the Milviz C310R at night. The cockpit and cabin overhead lighting is great. Maybe at sometime in the future I will convert over to becoming a "64bit" individual. Until then, I have this flightsim experience to enjoy.

Raymie

Stew

Post by Stew » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:13 pm

raymie1028 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:00 pm
I also want to thank you Bill for providing us "32bit" folks this latest version of SP2. I am now able to enjoy this wonderful Redux version of the Milviz C310R at night. The cockpit and cabin overhead lighting is great. Maybe at sometime in the future I will convert over to becoming a "64bit" individual. Until then, I have this flightsim experience to enjoy.

Raymie
You won't regret your conversion to 64 bits, believe me. ;)

Stew

fppilot

Post by fppilot » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:18 pm

N4GIX wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:18 pm
You can also look "back" and click on any of the overhead dome lights to turn on/off the cabin lighting.
LOL. But Bill, having that from the compass and engine gauges' bezels makes me feel like a king! Like I have one of those remote controls for my ceiling fan and it's lights!

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:26 am

Unfortunately the cabin door switch for the cabin lights won't work in FSX or P3Dv1, 2, 3... It only works in P3Dv4.x (IOW, 64bit) :(

Cat3508

Post by Cat3508 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:13 am

Well, I have just upgraded to P3Dv4.2, and none of my light switch rheostats work. No Flt/Instrument lights, No Eng lights, No Panel lights, No Overhead cockpit lights. The only lights that work are Radio lights. The only thing that has improved since upgrading is that switch activation now produces the click sound, which is pleasing. I can't get my GTN 750/650 to activate either, but that's a Flight1 problem, as it applies to all my other
aircraft as well.

Neil

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:04 am

1: did you make sure to download and install with your av off?

2: are you sure you’re running your sim in admin?

3: are you sure your AV isn’t scanning your sim directory?

If your lights worked before, any of the above will make them stop after upgrading.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:04 pm

Cat3508 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:13 am
Well, I have just upgraded to P3Dv4.2, and none of my light switch rheostats work. No Flt/Instrument lights, No Eng lights, No Panel lights, No Overhead cockpit lights. The only lights that work are Radio lights. The only thing that has improved since upgrading is that switch activation now produces the click sound, which is pleasing. I can't get my GTN 750/650 to activate either, but that's a Flight1 problem, as it applies to all my other
aircraft as well.

Neil
I smell something I ran across while working on the panel configs with Bill....What happens if you switch panels in the AMS?

Cat3508

Post by Cat3508 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:57 am

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your replies. Something very strange has occurred. Have just had the sim on with the 310R, and lo and behold!, all the lights are working as they should, even the cabin lights. Don't know if its even relevant, but I redownloaded the GTN 750/650, and they are now working as they should. Have put them into the 310 plus the WX, all turn on properly. Wonders will never cease !!!.

Just a supplementary question, regarding switches and FSUIPC. I can get the following switches to activate on my panels. Master,L&R ALT, Avionics Master, Both Starters, Taxi,Nav,Anti Collision,Strobes, Pitot Heat. The Landing Lights and the Magnetos will not react to FSUIPC inputs, would you happen to know why that could be ?

PS: Is the panel clock supposed to be adjustable, mine isn't.

Cheers,

Neil

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Cat3508 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:57 am
The Landing Lights and the Magnetos will not react to FSUIPC inputs, would you happen to know why that could be ?

PS: Is the panel clock supposed to be adjustable, mine isn't.
Neither the LL or the Mags use default key events (commands), so they are not directly controllable by FSUIPC. However one could create Lua scripts via FSUIPC to control them.

The clock is not adjustable. It merely reports the "sim time" whatever that might be.

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:37 pm

However one could create Lua scripts via FSUIPC to control them.
That is if one had any idea on creating a lua script. We're not all coders :roll:

Cat3508

Post by Cat3508 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:12 am

I agree, very frustrating!!

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:01 am

Surely, we're not alone in the world of addons to not "support" this stuff... The decision to use non default methods for coding these is obvious and we have zero intention of changing it. We do this to make our products better.

In fact, though I KNOW I'm going to get slammed for it, I find your complaints, after all the work Bill and the others have done on making this one AMAZING, to be more than demanding. It's downright insulting.

Now you want us to support your every piece of hardware and code YOUR personal method of "control hardware" without complaint? And the way you ask is without even the most common courtesy? (like, perhaps, saying PLEASE?)

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Nota bene: I will not ask Bill to allow or account for this but, if he WANTS to, on his own time, he's welcome to do so. However, in your shoes, I'd ask... Nicely.

Nuff said. Any comments that are ... implying that I'm somehow a "bad" guy, will be summarily removed.

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:38 pm

:shock:

Return to “310 Redux Support Forum”