Throttle and Prop Issue in 310R Redux

levince120
Throttle and Prop Issue in 310R Redux

Post by levince120 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:54 pm

Hi,

Upon updating to the latest version of the 310R Redux, I find my throttles and props partially reversed or acting wrong. Everything was working fine until then.

When in flight, pushing the throttles forward increases manifold pressure BUT sound doesn't change. Pushing the prop levers forward increases sound and RPM.

On final and where I should be at low power (RPM), moving the throttles has not effect on manifold but moving the props sounds like the throttles are moving, huge engine sound changes too but speed doesn't vary much.

FSUIPC assignments are correct and levers are moving in VC as they should. This is only since install of v 3.180405 (even though I'm not sure I flew on v3.180330.).

N4GIX
Re: Throttle and Prop Issue in 310R Redux

Post by N4GIX » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:02 am

This has been discussed several times here already. The prop noise is louder than the engine noise.

levince120

Post by levince120 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:30 pm

I did not find those prior references sorry. Are you saying this is by design? If so why does this only happen in later versions? And why to I get absolutely no reaction when trying to go around by pushing the throttles forward. One should have the props full fine at that stage and on all the light twins I have flown, once the power is idle or very low, changing the props setting makes no difference on noise or power, however the power should be very real with throttles forward. Is this just bad modeling?

Update: I am only finding one similar issue in here (which I had missed) and remains unresolved as far as I can tell: http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... ise#p78166 I know these are constant speed props, but this doesn't mean one has no control over them! I can't imagine a reason for such an engine to be roaring loudly if the props are pushed forward when the throttles are at idle. Idle means low power.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:23 am

Suggestion: do a search on this.

We did it right. If other aircraft don't do this, then they're doing it wrong.

levince120

Post by levince120 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 am

You did not do it right, and many others are reporting the same thing (https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5335 ... ne-sounds/).

My flight instructor used to frown when I set the props forward earlier than short final, because before that with some power remaining on the throttles (MP), the engine sound increase would be noticeable and would worry the passengers. On short final though, with throttles at idle, there would barely be any sound change when moving the props forward. I have noticed this first hand on Beech Baron, Navajo and Aztec. Are you telling me that the 310R behaves different? When I push the props forward on final with throttles at idle, it sounds the same as when take off power is set!

Return to “310 Redux Support Forum”