farman
Re: Air gaps & jumps

Post by farman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:50 pm

OK I'll do it

farman

Post by farman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi Jonathan,
tried to fly; those gaps and jumps - absolutely random in time intervals and always last fraction of a second -, does occur without any change of weather conditions.
Tell me honestly, Jonathan, if this issue is a problem of mine only, ok, I'll try to re-install the plane (it should be fine to get the last version directly from MilViz). If nothing will change, I'll sadly give up, given the fact that the Phantom is one of my all-time favourite combat planes.
regards,
Fulvio

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:24 am

I would say leave it for now. It will be fixed when we do our PBR update for it.

farman

Post by farman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:22 am

Ok Jonathan, good advice. I'll wait for a brand new Phantom.
Thanks for your help & regards,
Fulvio

endl3ss

Post by endl3ss » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:30 pm

Didn't see this before now....

This sounds like something I've experienced in the T-38C. I've only experienced it twice, flying north outta Allen Army Airfield (Fort Greely, Alaska), and following the river towards Fairbanks. Both times happened at approximately the same area geographically speaking. Flying along nicely and cozy, then suddenly the aircraft departs completely, violently rolling from left to right, some yaw movement, and a bit of pitching (pitching might have been my stick input trying to stabilize the roll, and over controlling). No warning, no buffeting to speak of, no apparent change of weather conds. I'm using ASP4, but I've turned off the usual engine stall culprits of enhanced turbulence an'all. Managed to save it in and stabilize one of the times, crashed on the other.

Does this sound similar to your experience with the F-4, farman?

The last time I set up to film the whole thing, to show You guys here, alternatively ORBX. Because the two flights that departed happened geographically so close to each other, that I was wondering if there was some fishy scenery....
Of course, the third time absolutly nothing happened...

Haven't seen it since then (a couple of months back now). Have no clue what it is, and it is so random it's impossible to pinpoint any cause I think.
I kinda get the impression that due to my crappy laptop (yes...still rockin' my puny i7 4700HQ, GTX780M from 2015...) having a lag-incident for some reason, this kicks the FDE of the T-38C out of it. Dunno if that is in any way possible, but it FEELS that way.

But as mentioned, for me it is not a common occurrence, just writing this since farman's F-4 issues sounds like what happened to me with the T-38C.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think a warning I had those two times I had departure, was a short lagging of 1-2 secs; when the sim started flowing again, I got the departure.

farman

Post by farman » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi, thanks for your replay. Unfortunately this issue happens in different and various geographical areas, and exclusively with the ADV Phantoms; I' m afraid this is a bug linked or to my sim (but nothing similar happens flying all of my hangar planes, of the most various developers, MilViz included; about 20/30 add-ones).
BTW, thanks again for your help & regards,
Fulvio

farman

Post by farman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi Jonathan, just a feedback, if it can help. Some week ago I un-installed AS4 weather engine and today I wanted to try my favourite Phantom once again. Well, my Sync live Weather engine is based on REX SkyForce and, after two flights, no issue appeared. Possibily we found the culprit; I must add that similar issues I faced flying the Aerosoft's F-14 Tomcat.
Thanks for your past help and support,
Fulvio

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Thanks. It sounds like ASP4's turbulence and windshear is likely the fault.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 E Advanced Support Phorum”