Jettisoning load (Answered)

rnurse.bc
Jettisoning load (Answered)

Post by rnurse.bc » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:00 pm

Hi,

I would like to clarify the abilities of the F4 to jettison its load. The official manual ays that the AIM-7 and AIM 9 cannot be jettisoned. But the external fuel tanks should be able to.

Can you explain the jettisoning capability?

ScruffyTheMongoose
Re: Jettisoning load

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:18 am

Support forums please

rnurse.bc

Post by rnurse.bc » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:02 pm

SnuffyTheMongoose wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:18 am
Support forums please
I don't understand. This is the support forum.

Please indicate where I can get support then.

Thanks

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:33 am

Your post was in the general forum. It has been moved now.

Depending on which version (E or J/S), you should be able to jettison even AIM-7s and AIM-9s, although I don't think the AIMs can be dumped with emergency jett.

rnurse.bc

Post by rnurse.bc » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:43 pm

But I was trying to jetisson my load and couldn't. Even the external fuel tank was not being removed.

What's the exact procedure? Turn the lknob to the desired item and push the button in the center?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:27 am

That sounds like you are trying to do selective jettison, not emergency jettison. Selective Jettison involves selecting individual stations and I think master arm has to be on and fuses off. Emergency jettison is a totally different button (yellow and black, below and left of gear lever). Selective Jettison is the red one on the armament panel, and I think you have to have it in the bottom center position (not easily seen, but labeled Stores) and then you select which stores to jettison with the store select buttons.

rnurse.bc

Post by rnurse.bc » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:16 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:27 am
That sounds like you are trying to do selective jettison, not emergency jettison. Selective Jettison involves selecting individual stations and I think master arm has to be on and fuses off. Emergency jettison is a totally different button (yellow and black, below and left of gear lever). Selective Jettison is the red one on the armament panel, and I think you have to have it in the bottom center position (not easily seen, but labeled Stores) and then you select which stores to jettison with the store select buttons.
"That sounds like you are trying to do selective jettison, not emergency jettison. Selective Jettison involves selecting individual stations and I think master arm has to be on and fuses off."

Where are the 'fuses'.

I found the Emerg Release Button below the gear lever. Thank you

JonathanBleeker
Re: Jettisoning load (Answered)

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:27 pm

There is a fuse switch for nose/tail arming.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 E Advanced Support Phorum”