TDS GTNXi slow on C310R

Post your support request in the sub-forum that corresponds to your product
lucasrbllmd
TDS GTNXi slow on C310R

Post by lucasrbllmd » Sat May 07, 2022 12:10 am

Hi,

I am running Milviz C310R in VR, but the touchscreens of TDS GTNXi are very laggy and unresponsive. It works fine on JF Piper Arrow.

The overall performance of MSFS is fine to me (+35 fps)l, but it seems that the TDS is running at or below 10fps.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Slayer
Re: TDS GTNXi slow on C310R

Post by Slayer » Mon May 09, 2022 10:57 pm

The only comments I remember from beta is that the sim and their software were both using the first processor core. Not sure if it is possible to force it to a different core or not.

thomas.lem

Post by thomas.lem » Tue May 10, 2022 3:59 pm

ah, damn... and I thought it was on the TDX side.
Yep, it's a bit laggy... my fps is smooth but the dual garmin 750 xi in VC is a bit less responsive compared to the normal trainer on PC or iPad.
And I would also prefer a 750/650 combo like the PMS version :-)

Running on gtx3080 / i9 12900k / 32GB DDR5

thomas.lem

Post by thomas.lem » Thu May 12, 2022 8:21 am

hmm... another thought.
I removed the VS integration from the community folder yesterday and used SpaceDesk to get a second Monitor on my iPad.
When I used the NXi on the iPad it was smooth and responsive. But when the FlightSim got back the focus, the performance degraded massively.
I noticed it while zooming with a hardware rotary of my bravo (via GPS inner knob event).
Since the Garmin trainer is running always in background in the VC and never has the full attention of windows, the performance may be reduced.

It's not a performance problem in general, because my sim still runs smoothly while the NXi has the focus.

thomas.lem

Post by thomas.lem » Sat May 14, 2022 8:06 pm

lucasrbllmd wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 12:10 am
It works fine on JF Piper Arrow.
The overall performance of MSFS is fine to me (+35 fps)l, but it seems that the TDS is running at or below 10fps.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Sure it is smooth in the Piper?
I tried other planes and all have been laggy.
My sim runs at locked 45 fps (G-Sync on a 3080 and i9 12900k) but the TDS 750 NXi is horrible unresponsive in the VC.
In desktop mode its smooth.

Bought the PMS 750 and is runs much better and is better integrated, lacks a few other features, but for me it‘s the overall better experience.

mktwice

Post by mktwice » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:27 am

trainer engine use first core many years, i don't know when it will change, but in affinity mask thru task manager or something like that you can change what process will use which core, i guess you can do something like divide of work for avoid performance conflict, msfs 0-6 cores. trainer's active process 7 or whatever. that's can help i think msfs will use first 7 cores more intensely, and last one will free for trainer

mktwice

Post by mktwice » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:32 am

i check that thing about use cpu, because in my case no problem with it. i don't know when they change it. but for now gtn trainer use all cores of cpu without any of cores overloading or something like that. so must be i told about past time... so i think in your case there something conflict with it or something else, but not cpu. be sure you have updated version of tds, and when install gtn trainer allow to install newer version. and then you can open gtn trainer and update nxi module for 650/750

Return to “Support Forums”