New Purchase of F15E Today/FSX Keeps Crashing

Post your support request in the sub-forum that corresponds to your product
Needles
New Purchase of F15E Today/FSX Keeps Crashing

Post by Needles » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:07 am

I just purchased the F15E today and am having a major problem. Initially, it caused FSX to crash and caused FSX to crash with other aircraft also. When I first downloaded and installed I did so with the antivirus program (Avast) turned off. After FSX still crashed with it, I searched this forum and online and found instructions to uninstall (post by Krazycollin Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:09AM). I followed those instructions to uninstall the "Eagle". I then turned off the antivirus and downloaded again, then set User Account Control to never notify and then reinstalled as admin. I restarted FSX and was able to select the F15E and put it at the end of the runway. Since I have FSUIPC4 registered version, I tried to open FSUIPC4 in the add on drop down window in order to set up with my HOTAS, but FSX crashed again. I again followed the above instructions to uninstall the Eagle. In doing this, the F4 Phantom I had previously purchased is also now uninstalled. I am less concerned about reinstalling the F4 than I am in being able to re-install the F15 and for both FSX and it to work function properly.
This is what I have done today. Any help trying to get this to work properly would be much appreciated. Looks like a would be a great aircraft if I could get it to work properly with FSX Acceleration and FSUIPC4.

doodlebug
Re: New Purchase of F15E Today/FSX Keeps Crashing

Post by doodlebug » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:32 am

There is a patch on the support forum that may help.
Please email me with your prof of purchase & I'll send you the link.

Return to “Support Forums”