F-4J/S Install Compressed Zip Folders Error [resolved]

cflord
F-4J/S Install Compressed Zip Folders Error [resolved]

Post by cflord » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:33 am

Support

I just purchased the Advanced Series F-4J/S Phantom II Module - F-4J/S Phantom II Complete Bundle for $79.99.

I downloaded 2 files: MilViz F-4J/S Aircraft (MilVizF-4SJPhantomIIvA1.171220_JS) & F-4J/S ADV Addon (MV_F-4SJ_Phantom_II_TPADVvA1.180108_JS.

1. Which file is suppose to be installed first?

2. When I try to install file: MilVizF-4SJPhantomIIvA1.171220_JS I get A "Compressed (zipped) Folders Error" message, which says "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created".

I am using Windows 10 OS (on C:\) and P3D V4 (on E:\).

At this point I cannot get the product installed. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff Lord

doodlebug
Re: F-4J/S Install Compressed Zip Folders Error

Post by doodlebug » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:40 am

Install MilVizF-4SJPhantomIIvA1.171220_JS first.

I sounds as if your antivirus may be interfering with the install.

It is of paramount importance that you temporarily disable your antivirus during the download, extraction and installation processes. When running the installer right click on the sim exe and select Properties->Compatibility->Run this program as administrator.

Once installed you must also create an exclusion for the sim folder.

cflord

Post by cflord » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Oisin

I followed your recommendations: I uninstalled both the milvizF-4SJphantomIIvA1.171220_JS & mv_F-4SJ_phantom_II_TPADVvA1.180108_JS files, reinstall them as the administrator with the virus protection turned off, updated the files in the manager, then rebooted my computer. The F-4 is installed; but not working properly. I have no pilot, throttles and control stick do not move, knobs and switches do not function. The plane does come up with the engines running and does fly, even though the HSI and other instruments do not function. I was going to try and download new files (in case the original files were corrupted); but I cannot find a "My Account" section on the MilViz site to re-download the files I purchased.
Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff Lord

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi Cliff, I have sent your download links again via sendowl.com. Instruction on how to access your downloads are here.

If the plane has installed but has functions missing, it points to either missing libraries or insufficient permissions.
I will ask our devs to weigh in and give you their advice.

cflord

Post by cflord » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:37 am

Orsin

I downloaded new milvizF-4SJphantomIIvA1.171220_JS & mv_F-4SJ_phantom_II_TPADVvA1.180108_JS files and installed them. I still have no pilot, throttles and control stick do not move, knobs and switches do not function. The plane does come up with the engines running and does fly, even though the HSI and other instruments do not function. I also tried bring the simulator up, using another airplane to preset all the radios etc. I then selected the F-4 as a new airplane to see if I could get some of the functions in the F-4 to work. No luck and totally lost as to what to do. Win 10 and P3D V4.

Cliff

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:53 am

Hi Cliff

First of all, can you verify what version of P3Dv4 you are running? You will need to go to your P3D location and right click on the sim1.dll and go to Properties->Details. Post the version number. The reason I recommend this method and not checking in the sim or in the control panel is because users who have installed a newer version of the client without uninstalling the previous will often end up with certain key files not being updated. The F-4 requires the most recent version of v4.1 and will not work with previous versions.

cflord

Post by cflord » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:09 am

The version of my P3D V4 is: 4.1.7.22841

Cliff

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:39 am

That is what showed up in the sim1.dll details?

cflord

Post by cflord » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:49 am

Yes it is!

Cliff

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:56 am

If you go to start menu->Search->Event Viewer->Windows Logs->Application, do you find any errors involving Prepar3D or MV modules?

cflord

Post by cflord » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:29 am

Sorry, I found no errors involving Prepar3D or MV modules. I have 3 drives on my computer. C:\ is where my Win 10 OS lives. D:\ is where my payware airplane and scenery files are filed. E:\ is where my P3D V4 flight sim lives. When I installed my other payware (airplanes / scenery) all I had to do was select E:\ with the installers and the products installed correctly. When I try to use the MilViz installer for the F-4 I cannot select just E:\ to start the installation. When I select the Prepar3D v4 bubble, select Next, Agree to the End User License Agreement, select Next, In the Destination Folder Box it shows E:\ but the Install Button is Grayed Out so I cannot install the F-4 like my other software. There is NO file named P3D V4 listed under E:\. I now have to make a decision as to where to install the F-4 to. Under E:\ there is a SimObject/Airplane file with a SimObject/Airplane sub file under it. If I try installing the F-4 to the main SimObject/Airplane file the F-4 actually installs to the sub SimObject/Airplanes file folder. After installation the MilViz Phantom II J & S files are now under the SimObject/Airplanes sub file and there is a Misc File Folder located under SimObject/Misc sub file as well. In the Misc Folder there are 4 files - MV_F4WJ1, MV_F4WJ2, MV_F4WJ3, & MV_F4WJ4. At this point the F-4 will not show up in P3D V4. If I manually move the 2 F-4 airplane files from the SimObject/Airplane sub folder and put them in the Main SimObject/Airplane Folder the plane will now show up in P3D V4; but many of the airplane functions do not work. Is it possible we're dealing with an installation problem and the files are not going where there suppose to go?

Cliff

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:11 am

Wait, are you trying to install the F-4 to an addons folder outside of the Prepar3D directory?

cflord

Post by cflord » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:40 am

No I do not want to install the F-4 to an addons folder outside of the Prepar3D directory?

I simply want to install my MilViz F-4 to P3D V4, which is on E:\. I do not want my Win 10 OS and P3D on the same drive. Win 10 is on C:\ and P3D is on E:\. I guess my main problem is, I can't figure out where on E:\ to direct the F-4 installer to to install the F-4. I can't imagine I'm the only person who has every installed P3D on a different drive other than C:\. I'm a little confused and frustrated at this point.

Cliff

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:29 am

Can I see a screenshot of the folder structure of your P3D v4 install? It sounds like your P3D v4 registry entry is messed up and the installer can't find your P3D location.

cflord

Post by cflord » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Here is the E:\ P3D V4 file structure on my computer:
F0001a – Basic P3D V4 file structure
F0002a – Effects Folder - P3D items
F0003a – Gauges Folder – P3D Radar
F0004a – Scenarios Folder – P3D scenarios
F0005a – SimObjects/Airplanes/MilVis/Misc Folders – The MilVis F-4 Phantom is located in the Airplane File Folder (See F0006a), The MilVis File Folder is empty. The Misc File Folder has 4 more MV_F4WJ files (See F0007a)
F0006a – SimObjects/Airplanes Folder – Has the MilViz Phantom II J and MilVis Phanton II S files
F0007a – SimObjects/Misc Folder – Has the 4 MilVis files; MV_F4WJ1, MV_F4WJ2, MV_F4WJ3, and MV_F4WJ4 files
F0008a – Users/Admin/Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add_Ons. MilVis Folder empty.

I suspect some or all of the MilViz F-4 files are located in the wrong file folders. When I bring the F-4 up in P3D V4; the plane comes up: but nothing works correctly and the pilot is missing. I even tried to Map the engine and flight controls in the Manager. Everything is still nonfunctional.

Cliff

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Support Phorum”