Modern Pilot Figure

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Corsair pilots!
(No support requests please)
FERG
Modern Pilot Figure

Post by FERG » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:48 am

Hi

Is there anyway to replace the existing WW2 pilot figure with a modern pilot to represent a Warbird example - so including a modern grey flying helmet.

Thanks

ScruffyTheMongoose
Re: Modern Pilot Figure

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Sorry. But this is a no.

FERG

Post by FERG » Sat May 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Ok thanks

cer54langan

Post by cer54langan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:26 pm

It would be nice to have a modern pilot with helmet or just headset and an updated cockpit with at least a modernized attitude indicator and radio and maybe an optional GPS that can be completely turned off for those with lower frame rates. :)

cer54langan

Post by cer54langan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:27 pm

It would be nice to have a modern pilot with helmet or just headset and an updated cockpit with at least a modernized attitude indicator and radio and maybe an optional GPS that can be completely turned off for those with lower frame rates. :) Maybe?.........Think about it.

FERG

Post by FERG » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:48 pm

I have no idea what costs/technology /time would be involved in bringing a modern pilot figure to the Corsair as an option in the sim but imho it would make the aircraft much more relevant to the ethos of the MSFS world today. That’s a world where the only Corsairs flying can be restored aircraft as there is no active weapons employment

Whilst some Warbird operators do wear the leather covered hard shell helmets most Corsair operators in my experience wear full military bone domes.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:19 pm

At this point we have to watch the feature creep or this update will never make it out the door. As Snuffy said, no it is not in the cards at this time, sorry.

As far as a GPS you do have the moving map if you open the map board...It is a warbird we aren't adding autopilots and GPS :lol:

alexporter76

Post by alexporter76 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:58 pm

It certainly would have been nice to have the option to switch between a classic or modern configuration for this plane. Most of all the warbirds flying today have some modern avionics fitted for obvious reasons (comms & navigation) and I don't often see pilots now days in period flight suits either. I know this would have meant a lot more work but I personally think to would have added a nice touch and definitely more realism to the plane.

I'm sure it can be done as a future update or heck I'd even pay a few extra bucks for it as an optional module.

Please consider this.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:52 pm

This project is wrapping up we need to move on to others, sorry.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair General Forum”