Inquiring on Radio Functionality

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Corsair pilots!
(No support requests please)
mjgabrielli91
Inquiring on Radio Functionality

Post by mjgabrielli91 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:53 pm

Hello, I hope this message finds all you fellow Virtual Airmen well.

I am inquiring about whether or not you can tune to a specific mhz frequency - reference my research and troubleshooting below:
  • On Page 16 of the Product Manual for the FG-1D Corsair there is a photo of the Radio Equipment for the "Cockpit Right" location of the cockpit, the instructions for the Radio in the Product Manual on Page 31 states the following:
The war-era radio set has been modified to maintain its vintage look while allowing modern radio communication. Using what used to be the receiver control box, adjust the sensitivity knob (1) to increase or decrease COM1 frequency (kHz). A tool tip will display the frequency. Push to swap between active and stand-by frequencies. Turn the tuning knob (2) to obtain the desired frequency in the mHz range.
When I turned on tooltips and changed the frequency I did not get a tooltip for a mhz indication and only saw the number change on the radio panel itself from the range of 1 through 6

I was flying on VATSIM via vPilot and used the vPilot client command .com1 XXX.X to set my radio frequency but I was just curious if there is a way to set a radio frequency like this in the cockpit.

Thanks for your help, I'm in LOVE with the product, Happy Landings

bryan.browns1019
Re: Inquiring on Radio Functionality

Post by bryan.browns1019 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:14 pm

Doesn't seem like any more work is being done on the great product, shame really, there's been so many updates to the sim yet we still don't have a functioning radio or a binding for the supercharger.

Slayer
Re: Inquiring on Radio Functionality

Post by Slayer » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:12 pm

I'm asking about the radio. It's possible one of the updates broke it or something was missed.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair General Forum”